top cordless impact tool

Do you really think a 12v impact is strong enough?
I can take a part a x15 Cummins with a 12v 3/8 impact (I actually use my electric ratchet). I can do all of it except for the main bearing cap and connecting rod.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I can take a part a x15 Cummins with a 12v 3/8 impact (I actually use my electric ratchet). I can do all of it except for the main bearing cap and connecting rod.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

I think he meant 12v impact driver, that's what is in the link at least. I do agree 12v fuel impact wrenches are beasts.

I though I absolutely needed the M18 but unless you're doing crazy levels of torque or are an actual mechanic, I've heard quite a few positives about the M12 Fuel line of products, especially for DIY work, enough that I pulled the trigger on it today.

Biggest positive, these things are compact as hell. The impact driver with the 2AH battery is crazy small for the power it delivers and if I need the muscle, I have a corded 8A impact drill.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. If you're thinking about it, I would act on it soon because they're probably going to fix the price shortly and who know when these will go on sale.

I'm setup already with an IR titanium 1/2" air ratchet so I didn't get a cordless one yet. I have a Dewalt 1/4" impact driver for smaller jobs but I've been considering getting a cordless half inch. Thing is I already have quite a few 20V Max dewalt tools with batteries that I can get just get a 20V Dewalt impact tool for cheaper than the kit posted. Just not sure if going for the M12 fuel vs the Dewalt vs my IR is worth it for the amount I use it

My 12v fuel impact driver delivers the same torque/power output as my 18v.

surely not top of the line 18v fuel. My 12v dewalt top of the line delivers the same power as the older 20v dcf885 impact deriver, but the newer 20v impact drivers crush them both easily.

Dewalt makes also some of the best impact wrenches in the 12v and 20v on the market, Milwaukee is probably a touch ahead in terms of raw power, but no point to invest in another brand if you already have batteries.

surely not top of the line 18v fuel. My 12v dewalt top of the line delivers the same power as the older 20v dcf885 impact deriver, but the newer 20v impact drivers crush them both easily.

Dewalt makes also some of the best impact wrenches in the 12v and 20v on the market, Milwaukee is probably a touch ahead in terms of raw power, but no point to invest in another brand if you already have batteries.
2656 vs 2553. Both are the same price and sheet power difference is next to nothing in the real world. Both are powerful enough to break any hex to 3/8 adapter every month. Battery life gives the 18v a slight advantage. But yeah if you compare it to a 18v impact driver twice the price you might see a huge difference, but you could also get a 3/8 12v impact with that money.... ... Dewalt tools are garbage.

Last edited:
Lol in case you font have time to go to Home Depot

Milwaukee Electric Tools 2598-22 M12 Fuel 2 Pc Kit- 1/2" Hammer Drill & 1/4" Impact https://a.co/d/0wcycxd

That's Gen II. Not bad by any means but there have been upgrades to the new ones. Gen III is slightly smaller and with more power. You're looking for kit 3497-22. The one you posted is 2598-22.

Sorry je sais que les snap on kac tool on été mentionné mais le nouveau snap on 18v brushless ya rien qui se rapproche de sa autant 3/8 que 1/2 la Crème de la crème. J’ai du acheter des douilles impact 3/8 parce les chromé snap on ouvraient une après l’autre!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

great fkn observation milwaukee fkboy, way to go.

Bet you've never tried any 12v ratchet. Neither any grinders and speciality tools you simply cannot get thanks to their xtreme max xr atomic junk battery system. I had enough tonka toystools to talk from experience.

Last edited:
Back