News: Jeremy Clarkson Suspended from Top Gear

I'm not overly worried. They'll be back together hopefully with more freedom to do what they want. Imagine Howard Stern still under contract with a public radio in the US vs Howard Stern on XM Radio.

not on top gear they won't

Video: Clarkson Says He’s Been “Sacked” and BBC “F**ked Up” Top Gear

Jeremy Clarkson has been mostly quiet after being suspended by the BBC for allegedly punching a producer.

At a charity event in London last night, he spoke his mind a little bit, in typical carefree Clarkson fashion. And U.K. newspaper The Guardian has video.

The videos, shown below, only catch a brief few seconds of Clarkson’s off-the-cuff remarks, but according to The Guardian he said a bit more than what’s shown.

“The BBC have f**ked themselves,” the paper quotes Clarkson as having said onstage. “It was a great show and they f**ked it up.”

The event was a charity auction, and Clarkson was there to raffle off a chance to ride shotgun in a lap around the Top Gear test track with him at the wheel. The paper reports that the opportunity sold for £100,000—nearly $150,000 at today’s exchange rates.

According to The Guardian, Clarkson told the audience: “I didn’t foresee my sacking but I would like to do one last lap. So I’ll go down to Surrey and I’ll do one last lap of that track before the f**king bastards sack me.”

“I’ll drive somebody around in whatever I can get hold of. I’m sacked so it’s probably an Austin Maestro. So who knows? But anyway it will be my last-ever lap of the Top Gear track,” the Top Gear star added.

“There was an 18-year waiting list to be in the audience of Top Gear, but the BBC has f**ked themselves. It was a great show and they’ve f**ked it up,” he said, according to The Guardian.

Top Gear Fans Drive Tank to BBC to Deliver “Save Clarkson” Petition
Report: Late Dinner Caused Clarkson to Punch Producer
Watch Jeremy Clarkson’s Involuntary Ice-Bucket Challenge, Voluntary NSFW Reaction
Fans aren’t taking the threat of a Clarkson-less Top Gear lightly. An online petition to “save Jeremy Clarkson” netted one million e-signatures, which were symbolically delivered to the BBC’s front door today by a tank-driving Stig.

On the video clip shown below, Clarkson concludes his mini speech by saying “I’ll be a bit tearful when I do it, but f**k it, let’s do it.”

Despite Clarkson’s claims that he’s been “sacked,” we still don’t have official word from the BBC—the network’s official report on its internal investigation is due out next week. And, frankly, this little soliloquy is a textbook example of Clarkson being Clarkson, saying some outlandish and incendiary things in front of an audience that’s been dying to hear it.

Regardless of what happens, don’t cry too hard for Clarkson. No matter what the BBC decides, he’ll be just fine. Here are two snippets from his onstage speech:

C'est clair que le Stig ce n'est pas qu'une seule personne, ils doivent changer de pilote dépendant du type de véhicule qu'ils ont.

Parfois on voit le Stig dans des épreuves avec un char de rallye sur de la neige ou des chemins de terre, c'est probablement pas le même gars qui fait les temps sur leur track.

Surtout quand Ferrari amené leurs char et les setup parfait avec leur pilote déguisé en stig.

Ou pagani qui pose des slick sur les zonda qui font le lapping.

Surtout quand Ferrari amené leurs char et les setup parfait avec leur pilote déguisé en stig.

Tu parles de la FXX pilotée par Schumi déguisé en Stig?

Je trouve pas ça juste pour les autres autos qui sont sur le board des laptimes.

'Rarri gonna 'Rarri.

Tu parles de la FXX pilotée par Schumi déguisé en Stig?

Je trouve pas ça juste pour les autres autos qui sont sur le board des laptimes.

'Rarri gonna 'Rarri.
Une des raisons pourquoi Chris Harris était banni de faire des review de Ferrari c est car il avait insulte Ferrari à propos qu ils amènent leur technicien pour setup le char et après ils te laisse conduire.

It's over. This has been confirmed on Twitter by Top Gear and the BBC.

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2015/03/25/bbc-releases-statement-on-clarkson/

“It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.

“I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March. Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report. I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background. I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion. The main facts are not disputed by those involved.

“I want to make three points.

“First – The BBC is a broad church. Our strength in many ways lies in that diversity. We need distinctive and different voices but they cannot come at any price. Common to all at the BBC have to be standards of decency and respect. I cannot condone what has happened on this occasion. A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.

“Second – This has obviously been difficult for everyone involved but in particular for Oisin. I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident. He has behaved with huge integrity throughout. As a senior producer at the BBC he will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future.

“Third – Obviously none of us wanted to find ourselves in this position. This decision should in no way detract from the extraordinary contribution that Jeremy Clarkson has made to the BBC. I have always personally been a great fan of his work and Top Gear. Jeremy is a huge talent. He may be leaving the BBC but I am sure he will continue to entertain, challenge and amuse audiences for many years to come.

“The BBC must now look to renew Top Gear for 2016. This will be a big challenge and there is no point in pretending otherwise. I have asked Kim Shillinglaw to look at how best we might take this forward over the coming months. I have also asked her to look at how we put out the last programmes in the current series.”

BBC viennent de se tirer dans le pieds. Ils perdent leur plus gros show. J'espèreque May et Hammond vont suivre Clarkson chez un autre diffuseur.

Et je voudrais pas etre dans les culotte de Oisyn

Apparently he's been selected to be one of the candidates as the new host?

Ashton_Kutcher_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Top gear without Clarkson is nothing. I sure hope someone picks up the trio and continue the show somewhere else what a bad call from bbc who cares about your stupid producer that got punched you just killed the greatest car show ever. Will be waiting for news of his new car show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammond and May said they wouldn't go on without Clarkson right? So if they stick to their words, it would be a brand new Top Gear.

It would be interesting...I think Top Gear has been on the decline for a few seasons now anyways. But I did always enjoy the chemistry that the guys had, and the shenanigans that resulted. I'm not sure if TG will ever be able to come back better and stronger than they were at their peak.

It's the end of an era, moving on...

Back