Best pizza Montreal?

My basis of comparison for good pizza is always by the margherita. So far my favorite in Montreal is no900 on Notre Dame. Very good quality/price pizza ($5 rucola salad and $10 margherita).
I was recommended Pummaro and though it was good quality Italian pizza I was disappointed at how expensive it was ($18 rucola salad, smaller than no900 and $20 margherita)

I'm still on the quest for the best margherita pizza in the world and so far at no.1 is Cucina Italiana in Bahrain.

Thing of the past my friend... I heard the owner had installed cameras everywhere to watch if employees were stealing toppings

Yeah its been closed for more than a decade i think. I do crave it sometimes, they were not the best but had a unique flavor.

À Laval je vous conseille Belle Pizza 2 pour 1 sur boul des laurentides!! C'est la meilleure 2 pour 1 que j'ai mangé!!

Sent from my LG-M703 using Tapatalk

La meilleure pizza que j'ai mangée c'est Joe's Pizza à NY. À Montréal j'aime bien Heirloom et NO.900.

Une pas pire pizza americano a pointe, c'est 4 freres beaubien/langelier. Sesame sur la croute ca donne un petit plus !

Quand je sors ma blonde tranquille j'aime bien Bottega.

Mais quand je suis hungover, je mange la grosse graisseuse qui est en haut de ce post ^^

Had a margherita at Elena on Notre Dame which slightly tops no900.

i hated elena... they fucked up with their layout trying to fit too many tables in the main dining room. Sat near the window and near the corner, we had the round table beside us with one patron's chair basically bumping into our table.

food was OK, maybe the shitty service impacted my taste buds too much. I did like the humus cesar salad though, very fresh.

also, way too loud.

I expected more of this place... I expected more.

i hated elena... they fucked up with their layout trying to fit too many tables in the main dining room. Sat near the window and near the corner, we had the round table beside us with one patron's chair basically bumping into our table.

food was OK, maybe the shitty service impacted my taste buds too much. I did like the humus cesar salad though, very fresh.

also, way too loud.

I expected more of this place... I expected more.

It's the same people as Nora Gray... Shitty service in the resto business is starting to spread like the plague in Montreal. We had the same experience with service and layout but the food was pretty good. Worth the price? Questionable... I make pizza at home so I do know quality ingredients cost.. IMO what I feel is going in Montreal amongst patrons is that many resto-goers are tricking themselves into saying the food is good because it was "expensive" when in reality it was just okay but they won't mention that in a review

My gf is very Italian so shes pretty critical of "italian" food..We will always order the "staple" items and see how they are prepared then decide if we return or not.

Bonus: Pizza at Non Solo Pane in Dorval is really good.

It's the same people as Nora Gray... Shitty service in the resto business is starting to spread like the plague in Montreal. We had the same experience with service and layout but the food was pretty good. Worth the price? Questionable... I make pizza at home so I do know quality ingredients cost.. IMO what I feel is going in Montreal amongst patrons is that many resto-goers are tricking themselves into saying the food is good because it was "expensive" when in reality it was just okay but they won't mention that in a review

My gf is very Italian so shes pretty critical of "italian" food..We will always order the "staple" items and see how they are prepared then decide if we return or not.

Bonus: Pizza at Non Solo Pane in Dorval is really good.

thanks - happy to see I wasn't the only one disappointed with Elena... as I said, pizza may been good, but my general experience biased my senses lol

On Nora Gray: I recently returned there 5 years after I last went there and after my wife convinced me to give it another try. We hadn't returned because we recommended the place to some friends and they told us the experience was shit and I didn't want to risk going there for an expensive meal and leaving with a bad taste in my mouth.

When we went in feb, the food was good with the exception of the fettucine with scallops and walnuts; walnuts killed that plate. there was also a bunch of typos on the menu. also service wasn't great, especially when you sit at the bar and nobody ackownledges you for 15 minutes after you sat down. I'm surprised they are still in business... rent must be cheap ;)

thanks - happy to see I wasn't the only one disappointed with Elena... as I said, pizza may been good, but my general experience biased my senses lol

On Nora Gray: I recently returned there 5 years after I last went there and after my wife convinced me to give it another try. We hadn't returned because we recommended the place to some friends and they told us the experience was shit and I didn't want to risk going there for an expensive meal and leaving with a bad taste in my mouth.

When we went in feb, the food was good with the exception of the fettucine with scallops and walnuts; walnuts killed that plate. there was also a bunch of typos on the menu. also service wasn't great, especially when you sit at the bar and nobody ackownledges you for 15 minutes after you sat down. I'm surprised they are still in business... rent must be cheap ;)

My friends give me shit for always going to the same places but I like sticking to where I know... However new restos we try out always get a second chance.

Worst resto tale of recent was a few months ago at Maggie Oakes.. The first time we went it was good, yea fine old montreal and touristy but pretty good. Some friends were visiting from Boston and I was tasked with making dinner plans. We were 6 people... So I figured Maggie Oakes would be a good choice as our the first experience was as I said pretty good.. Sadly it all went to hell quickly, the service was horrible with getting orders wrong and forgetting to bring drinks. It's not like we were being cheap drinking tap water either.. between us we had 4 bottles of wine and a good amount of beer. About halfway through the meal the chair my friend was sitting on snaps.. he falls down, wine everywhere, the lot! The wait staff didn't see to really care and pretty much told him "SOL this happens" The manager comes over, replaces the glass of wine and that's about it.... I never look for free stuff at restos but seriously they should have been more forgiving. When it came time to leave a tip we all left NOTHING which is something I never do unless in a situation like that. A couple days later I get a phone call from the same manager asking about lack of tip. I told him the service was appalling and they should have been more caring. He offered a 15% discount off the next meal to which I replied " Keep it, Dominos offers better discounts for late pizza"

Ha...that really sucks and is disappointing. We had terrific service at William Gray when we stayed there for our wedding. Maybe it's not run by the same staff?

I think it's getting harder and harder to find good employees in the service industry. The pay sucks and you're always expected to be on your best behavior which millennials seem to DNGAF about. Ahh... I'm just falling into stereotypes now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ha...that really sucks and is disappointing. We had terrific service at William Gray when we stayed there for our wedding. Maybe it's not run by the same staff?

I think it's getting harder and harder to find good employees in the service industry. The pay sucks and you're always expected to be on your best behavior which millennials seem to DNGAF about. Ahh... I'm just falling into stereotypes now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would gladly pay more just to avoid the entire tipping scheme.. which is BS. Thats another good point real millennials don't know good food, they only want good looking food for photos on instagram(i am guilty)

I agree that the service wasn’t great and other menu items (tagliatelle, cannoli, entrees) weren’t great, but their pizza was good. That’s what the thread is about lol

Back