Article: BWM M3 Owners, Tell me your secrets. (UPDATE) Pics included

I wish I could add this to the first post but this is the resume:

Car Story by od_man99

I grew up in Longueuil in a Triplex. My street was very vibrant with families. My dad an immigrant who studied and worked as an accountant and my mother a young housewife that took care of me and ToFreedom. At the tender age of 3 my father had bought me pretty much every hotwheel car a little kid could desire. Petrol ran in his veins as they would in mine in latter years. At 10, I watched Colin McRae throw his Subaru into endless corners, winning title after title. I loved the sound of backfire, I loved the chaos of rally and the control that these men exhibited on these uncontrollable beasts. At 16 I saw The Fast and the Furious and by that Summer I had a 2002 Nissan Sentra XE with a fart can, an intake and the all mighty 1.8L 142hp Nissan Motor. It drank oil and it ran like shit. I blew a MAF every 10000k. I loved that car. In fact, I met DarkestFenix when I use to drive that piece of junk. He helped me make it into the ricerocket that it was.

At 18, I wanted more power, I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. Oh boy was that the shit. It was my Summer car and in the winters I'd drive my 2001 Protege EX. This is when I fell in love with the M3. Oh what I would of done to have an E46. I wanted one as bad as I wanted ass. I worked hard to buy my Eclipse 30hrs a week, even during school time. But I could never afford a 30k car at the time.

By 24, I bought my rebound girl, my 2001 2.5RS. It was on this forum for a long time, and god did I work hard on that car. It was my first FAST car. I raced MTV in Mexico with it 3-4 times. I raced Snake, Polak and however wanted to try my 2.0 Version 6 Swapped 280hp 1200kg beast. The car was bullet proof, I put 30k on that motor before selling it.

Then, the blunder years, I bought a 2011 Subaru STi Hatch. What a fucking disaster. Tranny went at 27k and Subaru Canada bought back my car. I ended up with a 2013 STi. Drove it for 20k and sold it to get the M3.

This is how I feel in the M3, I want to share it with you because you need to know, you need to feel the excitement and pleasure through my keyboard strokes, you need to think about your dream car, you need to picture yourself behind that car's wheel.

The Day I drove her Home:

I walked into the dealership, it was a sunny day, the clouds had just dissipated, a chilly -8C, but warm enough for me to only wear my sport jacket. I didn't want to wear my full 3 piece suite to work that day, I need to feel light to drive the car, I wanted it to be perfect. She was sitting inside, they had just cleaned and waxed her. It's one of the pictures in the intial post, take a look at it to feel how I did.

The BMW guy drives it out, he parks it in front of the dealership and shakes my hand, he's happy for me, no one wanted to serve me when I walked in but him, young guys don't often purchase 80k cars. I turn her on, she's mine. I can feel the V8, it litterally shakes the car when I rev it. It's like a symphony, picture 4L that can rev up to 8.9k. Needless to say I've got goosebumps. Adjust said seat, adjust mirrors. I can litterally smell the leather in the car as I write this, the memory is in my nostrils as it is in my mind.

I drive off. No music, no radio, nothing but that V8. I'm on Decarie, the car is shining, the motor is singing, my window is half open, I'm chasing underpasses, my GF is waitng for me at Metro Longueuil, she has no idea I bought an M3. I drive it like it was meant to be driven, and god knows that this thing can go, Ville Marie is mine, it's empty, 3k, 4k, 5k....8k, my dreams are coming true, I'm on top of the world, this is the best moment of my life, I worked so hard to get here, so many sleepless nights, so many Youtube Motivational videos, so many nay sayers, so many haters...

I pick her up, I don't say a word, she's litterally crying in my car, knowing what this moment means to me. Knowing I will never be the same again, knowing to me, now, at that very specific moment, I am invincible, this is my life pinickle, this is the appoge or my dreams, the climax through my strokes, the Vangard on my wall, this is my greatest moment. Look at me now brother, look at me now.

I park her in my garage, it's still a dream, I can't believe she's mine, I can't believe we made it. And to this day, I don't drive it without thinking about the struggle.

Was it worth it? If only for those 3 first hours, yes, it was worth it. It was worth every effort.

So much win, so many feelz.

That first drive feeling comes back everytime I step away for a couple of weeks, it's intoxicating.

Congratulations and enjoy in good health.

Ça me rappelle vraiment quand j'ai acheté mon rêve. No homo j'ai pleuré en sortant du dealer. No homo j'ai pleuré dans les bras de mon père en allant lui montrer, je sais pas qui était plus fier, lui (aucunement un gars de char) ou moi

Enjoy it man, super happy for you

^My father was very emotional also.

It was a joyful moment. I wish the weather was better. I can't wait until it's warmer.

Car Story by od_man99

I grew up in Longueuil in a Triplex. My street was very vibrant with families. My dad an immigrant who studied and worked as an accountant and my mother a young housewife that took care of me and ToFreedom. At the tender age of 3 my father had bought ...

I pick her up, I don't say a word, she's litterally crying in my car, knowing what this moment means to me. Knowing I will never be the same again, knowing to me, now, at that very specific moment, I am invincible, this is my life pinickle, this is the appoge or my dreams, the climax through my strokes, the Vangard on my wall, this is my greatest moment. Look at me now brother, look at me now.

I got a "shiver" when I read that line. Good for you man.

Car Story by od_man99

I grew up in Longueuil in a Triplex. My street was very vibrant with families. My dad an immigrant who studied and worked as an accountant and my mother a young housewife that took care of me and ToFreedom. At the tender age of 3 my father had bought me pretty much every hotwheel car a little kid could desire. Petrol ran in his veins as they would in mine in latter years. At 10, I watched Colin McRae throw his Subaru into endless corners, winning title after title. I loved the sound of backfire, I loved the chaos of rally and the control that these men exhibited on these uncontrollable beasts. At 16 I saw The Fast and the Furious and by that Summer I had a 2002 Nissan Sentra XE with a fart can, an intake and the all mighty 1.8L 142hp Nissan Motor. It drank oil and it ran like shit. I blew a MAF every 10000k. I loved that car. In fact, I met DarkestFenix when I use to drive that piece of junk. He helped me make it into the ricerocket that it was.

At 18, I wanted more power, I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS. Oh boy was that the shit. It was my Summer car and in the winters I'd drive my 2001 Protege EX. This is when I fell in love with the M3. Oh what I would of done to have an E46. I wanted one as bad as I wanted ass. I worked hard to buy my Eclipse 30hrs a week, even during school time. But I could never afford a 30k car at the time.

By 24, I bought my rebound girl, my 2001 2.5RS. It was on this forum for a long time, and god did I work hard on that car. It was my first FAST car. I raced MTV in Mexico with it 3-4 times. I raced Snake, Polak and however wanted to try my 2.0 Version 6 Swapped 280hp 1200kg beast. The car was bullet proof, I put 30k on that motor before selling it.

Then, the blunder years, I bought a 2011 Subaru STi Hatch. What a fucking disaster. Tranny went at 27k and Subaru Canada bought back my car. I ended up with a 2013 STi. Drove it for 20k and sold it to get the M3.

This is how I feel in the M3, I want to share it with you because you need to know, you need to feel the excitement and pleasure through my keyboard strokes, you need to think about your dream car, you need to picture yourself behind that car's wheel.

The Day I drove her Home:

I walked into the dealership, it was a sunny day, the clouds had just dissipated, a chilly -8C, but warm enough for me to only wear my sport jacket. I didn't want to wear my full 3 piece suite to work that day, I need to feel light to drive the car, I wanted it to be perfect. She was sitting inside, they had just cleaned and waxed her. It's one of the pictures in the intial post, take a look at it to feel how I did.

The BMW guy drives it out, he parks it in front of the dealership and shakes my hand, he's happy for me, no one wanted to serve me when I walked in but him, young guys don't often purchase 80k cars. I turn her on, she's mine. I can feel the V8, it litterally shakes the car when I rev it. It's like a symphony, picture 4L that can rev up to 8.9k. Needless to say I've got goosebumps. Adjust said seat, adjust mirrors. I can litterally smell the leather in the car as I write this, the memory is in my nostrils as it is in my mind.

I drive off. No music, no radio, nothing but that V8. I'm on Decarie, the car is shining, the motor is singing, my window is half open, I'm chasing underpasses, my GF is waitng for me at Metro Longueuil, she has no idea I bought an M3. I drive it like it was meant to be driven, and god knows that this thing can go, Ville Marie is mine, it's empty, 3k, 4k, 5k....8k, my dreams are coming true, I'm on top of the world, this is the best moment of my life, I worked so hard to get here, so many sleepless nights, so many Youtube Motivational videos, so many nay sayers, so many haters...

I park her in my garage, it's still a dream, I can't believe she's mine, I can't believe we made it. And to this day, I don't drive it without thinking about the struggle.

Was it worth it? If only for those 3 first hours, yes, it was worth it. It was worth every effort.

Good for you man.

Up next:

GT4

To OP, congrats once again. Very good story, proves once again that with determination we can achieve our goals. Enjoy it and be safe!

congratz . I hope one day i can fulfill my dream and have myself a Old Muscle car.

The day i will have my house with a garage . I'll start saving for this

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!! I feel nothing but excitement for you brother congrats again and welcome to the Canbec family! car is amazing btw. cant wait to see what she becomes with you as an owner! no way but up! :D

^Needs an exhaust.

It was awesome meeting you man. I hope you liked trying the car.

You need to let me try your skyline.

^ToFreedom is in the pictures, he's the bearded built guy.

Yes, I hope we keep racing brother, I hope we continue to beat odds and move forward.

Back