What to do?

EmirS

Hi,

I've these black tars over my fenders and anywhere close to tire.

890206d1329589272-professional-car-detailing-3m-car-care-pune-misc-022.jpg

Picture is not mine I found it from web but its the same look with less visibility. Its not visible unless I go close but when I touch the paint it feels bad hehe

My car has nanocoating on it and its polished before winter by cobrA. What to do now to remove these? These are basically all over the car, I am pretty sure its going to happen again after summer because its a performance car but still I want to go clean.

One way can be another polishing but I don't want to do polishing that often since its been couple months only.

Any suggestion or services?

Thanks.

Any tar remover from the automotive section at Canadian Tire will do the trick for mild tar, but if you have a very large build up, I'd go to the auto paint spray can section, and pick up a can of 3M super adhesive remover. It has been by far my favorite and most efficient tar remover. After spraying it on the car, you can literally see the tar drip away. Use with a quality microfiber not to swirl the paint.

Any tar remover from the automotive section at Canadian Tire will do the trick for mild tar, but if you have a very large build up, I'd go to the auto paint spray can section, and pick up a can of 3M super adhesive remover. It has been by far my favorite and most efficient tar remover. After spraying it on the car, you can literally see the tar drip away. Use with a quality microfiber not to swirl the paint.

Hi Joey, I have the tar remover and I tried to do it with a microfiber. It took me like 30 minutes to clean a really small area with too much force.

So, 3M Super Adhesive Remover will not damage my paint right? It looks like a great suggestion and I didn't know it.

Thanks.

Unless you have a matte finish, which I doubt seeing as you had a nano-coating applied, then there is nothing to worry about. Just make sure you let the product do it's just. Don't rub excessively. Follow the instructions on the can and you'll be fine. BTW, cost for the can is about $20.

Hi Joey, I have the tar remover and I tried to do it with a microfiber. It took me like 30 minutes to clean a really small area with too much force.

So, 3M Super Adhesive Remover will not damage my paint right? It looks like a great suggestion and I didn't know it.

Thanks.

I remember and told you that your previous car had A LOT of tars. So I don't know if the problem comes from where you lives and its filled with contaminant and/or tires pushed to their limit will chip/peel and stick to the paint. Maybe something to look for.

With that said, you don't need to polish to remove tar like Joey said and you shouldn't be rubbing too hard to remove it. Spray, let it sit for 1-2 minutes and try to wipe it. I also like 3M adhesive remover. Was your panel still cold or the car was left for a few hour inside before working the remover ?

Worst case, you can pass by on a saturday, I could look at it.

Back