Pneu non runflat sur mag runflat?

same here, OEM wheels (runflat compatible) but I use standard tires,, for the price difference, if I have a flat, I will call a towing and buy a new tires...

I love the guys laughing at "Runflat wheels".

Runflat wheels have higher bead retention lips to keep the bead seated while driving with no air, called EH2 (and less common EH2+).

Take your runflat equipped wheels and look behind them, voila a EH2 stamping. Yes, you can run a non-SSR (self supporting runflat) on a EH2 equipped wheel. Every manufacturer in the world requires runflat equipped cars to have EH2 wheels.

Try running a runflat tire with 0psi on a non-EH2 rim, and watch that bead come off. BMW is known for standardizing EH2 on most wheel models, like the style 123 (OEM equipped on E60 5-series).

What's that stamping on the face?
1_Front_zpsc4b546d0.jpg

Oh what?! A diagram clearly illustrating EH2 and EH2+ bead retention lips:
eh2eh2kkrh2.jpg

F10 5-series wheels:
26.jpg

And another one (EH2 + also pictures, uncommon but becoming new standard):
velg3.jpg

Mini Cooper JCW wheels with EH2:
attachment.php

Arrogance = FAIL

This is why I love this forum :)

same here, OEM wheels (runflat compatible) but I use standard tires,, for the price difference, if I have a flat, I will call a towing and buy a new tires...

My summer wheels, E60 5-series style 123 in 18x8 ET20 on my E46, are EH2 certified but I run non-SSR tires (DZ101's). Regardless of what tire you mount on a EH2 or EH2+ wheel, they're sketchy to pass the shoulder hump because it's so much bigger compared to a standard hump. Same thing when removing them, while breaking the beads, often times, you have to collapse the sidewall around half the rim (low pro's) for the bead to pass the shoulder.

I have a Minardi Formula 1 wheel with the 1st version of EH2 application. On top of having an extended hump, there are knurls where the bead sits making the tire impossible to move around on the lip. Pretty cool actually.

My summer wheels, E60 5-series style 123 in 18x8 ET20 on my E46, are EH2 certified but I run non-SSR tires (DZ101's). Regardless of what tire you mount on a EH2 or EH2+ wheel, they're sketchy to pass the shoulder hump because it's so much bigger compared to a standard hump. Same thing when removing them, while breaking the beads, often times, you have to collapse the sidewall around half the rim (low pro's) for the bead to pass the shoulder.

I have a Minardi Formula 1 wheel with the 1st version of EH2 application. On top of having an extended hump, there are knurls where the bead sits making the tire impossible to move around on the lip. Pretty cool actually.

so when my mechanic was removing the Runflats he said it was a bitch to take them off, was it really the runflat making it hard to remove from the wheel or the EH2 bend or wtv the hell lol

just curious thats why im asking now

so when my mechanic was removing the Runflats he said it was a bitch to take them off, was it really the runflat making it hard to remove from the wheel or the EH2 bend or wtv the hell lol

just curious thats why im asking now

The SSR has super stiff sidewalls that make them a bitach to collapse enough to pass the hump on the rim. BUT the EH2 hump is longer and more profiled making any tire a bitach to remove. Mix the two together and removing tires from the rims can be labor intensive. Removing my DZ101's (non SSR) from my Style 123's last summer was a nightmare. The sidewalls are a bit soft and with the EH2 hump, getting the sidewall over the hump was a pain. The sidewall would simply collapse onto itself instead of passing over the bead.

The Continental Pro Contact DWS have nice stiff sidewalls. They were a bit of a bitach to remove from the 123's 2 summers ago.

In short, a mix between the two make it difficult.

Last edited:
Back