Need a new car - 911 C4S convertible or Tesla P85D?

472be2e00d1d307fafece84c58c94d08.jpg

The P85D for sure! You can just use the near 100% electromagnetic torque to breeze past anyone on the highway.

PS, just a note for the OP, since Tesla just installed a supercharger in Cornwall , and Kingston Ontario , taking trips there should not be a problem. I did complain in an earlier thread that Tesla only installed their Candian supercharger on (from nowhere to nowhere highway) the B.C. Sea to Sky Highway , but they have made may improvements since then.

Last edited:
This guy i know has a carrera gts and just bought an e63 amg-s. The amg is way more powerful but he told me that when it gets to enjoying the road nothing beats his 911. I thinks it's going to be the same thing with the tesla

Tant qu'à moi tu achète une Tesla pour son côté pratique, son côté technologique si t'aimes ca, son côté économique (par rapports à d'autres char dans les memes prix) et pour dire que tu as un char électrique...

Tu achètes une porsche parce que tu aimes conduire...C'est pas aussi pratique mais ca dépend ce que tu recherche.

I have driven both.

I get they are different as originally mentioned. Pizza vs. steak, I like both and they satisfy me in different ways. The P85D will be great 65% of the time. The 911 will be awesome 35% of the time. I am done spending a wad of money on having multiple cars at the same time, I am trying to consolidate into one. My winter car was a 750 and my summer car was a 911.. too much $$ with my current priority list

Thanks for the feedback so far!

I know a couple of Tesla owners, and both say its the best winter car they've had. Before setting off they pre-heat the cabin while the car is plugged in. If youre not plugged in, you still get instant heat blowing in the cabin.

And they have the RWD P85 versions, I'm guessing the AWD is whole other ballgame.

If you are dead set between the two then set up a poll and let MRs vote.
Leaning towards Tesla knowing you'll be using it in the winter.

I am trying to make it over to the Tesla dealership on Friday to get the final info. Right now May delivery is possible.. That being said May will be perfect weather for the 911 drop top.

Drove the 2015 porsche panamera hybrid during the autoshow. Its really nicely equiped and it comes with that fancy electric charger if u wanna run EV mode. ( also has a gas cap on the oposite side). Never really been a fan of teslas. So I would go porsche all the way! Also if you really need 4 seats why not just get the macan? its nice and spacious, has a decent engine, and its 4k cheaper than a boxser (base price). Im assuming you need AWD because itll be your winter car.

You do know with taxes , the panamera hybrid comes to like 130k$ right ....

Am I the only one who is not so smitten by the Model S? Yes the P85D is a rocket at lower speeds and it's a really good looking car but other than that? The cabin is nothing to write home about, especially in terms of quality, the seats are not extremely comfortable and the noise.....or rather lack of it.... I don;t know but I think sound is still an important part of a car!

I have driven both.

I get they are different as originally mentioned. Pizza vs. steak, I like both and they satisfy me in different ways. The P85D will be great 65% of the time. The 911 will be awesome 35% of the time. I am done spending a wad of money on having multiple cars at the same time, I am trying to consolidate into one. My winter car was a 750 and my summer car was a 911.. too much $$ with my current priority list

Thanks for the feedback so far!

option #1: Buy P85D + lease certified pre-owned Porsche.
option #2: lease p85D + lease Porsche.
option #3: Buy one or both from USA.*

* I did this with two vehicles, its sad but even with GST/PST, Federal inspetion , SAAQ inspection , and applicale US state/federal sales taxes and finally title fees its still cheaper sometimes!

Am I the only one who is not so smitten by the Model S? Yes the P85D is a rocket at lower speeds and it's a really good looking car but other than that? The cabin is nothing to write home about, especially in terms of quality, the seats are not extremely comfortable and the noise.....or rather lack of it.... I don;t know but I think sound is still an important part of a car!
Je suis complètement d'accord avec toi. Pour moi l'expérience de conduire est un tout qui combine plusiers facteurs, ce que la tesla ne semble pas avoir en totalité.

J'applaudis l'innovation apporté par tesla, mais je serais pas prêt à en acheter une.

Surtout le P85D à 5000lbs, je suis plus un fan de petite voitures nerveuses et légère.

Back