News: SAAQ To Ban All Lowered Vehicles Under Grand Excès de Modification (GEM) Law

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0415-saaq-ban-modified-vehicles.jpg

http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp...es-under-grand-exces-de-modification-gem-law/

The SAAQ has instituted a new rule targeting lowered vehicles in Quebec which effectively prohibits the practice. The new rule falls under the grand excès de modification (GEM) law where certain modifications are deemed more dangerous and the penalties are much higher.

The new rule went into effect at midnight on April 1, 2015 and reads:

Définition d’un grand excès de modification

Une personne commet un grand excès de modification lorsqu’elle conduit un véhicule dont la suspension est modifiée.

Personne, pas même un bon conducteur au volant d’un véhicule, ne peut rouler avec une suspension modifiée sans augmenter le risque d’accident, pour lui comme pour les autres usagers de la route. Plusieurs études ont d’ailleurs démontré que rouler avec une suspensionmodifiée augmente de façon considérable le risque d’accident.

The rule also works to ban raised pickup trucks so it’s sure to cause absolute pandemonium for motor enthusiasts of all types.

What’s worse is the fine! A person caught driving on the road in a vehicle with a modified suspension is subject to a minimum fine of $2999, 9 demerit points and an immediate towing of the vehicle.

“I really wanted to follow in the footsteps of Julie Boulet, who was responsible for such achievements as banning the registration of right-hand drive vehicles in Quebec”, said Robert Poeti, Quebec’s Transport Minister when asked about the new law.

“Boulet did a great thing cleaning our roads of those crappy cars and now I want to finish the job by getting rid of all modified vehicles.”

It’s still unclear how exactly a police officer will determine if a vehicle has a lowered suspension or not. Poeti floated the idea of just relying on the officer’s trained eye sight.

“You can easily tell if a car has been lowered. You just need to look at it”, Poeti said.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is your April Fool’s joke for 2015.

J'y ai cru jusqu'au moment où j'ai lu le ticket de 2999$ et 9 points de démérites ...

Les quotes de Poeti on confirmé le poisson d'avril.

LOL...Good one Danny. You had me for a second. Let's face it, it wouldn't really be all that surprising coming from Quebec.

Meanwhile...the SAAQ is reading this thread, licking their lips and saying "C'est une bonne idée ça...."

Scrooge_McDuck_dollar.jpg

I'm actually surprised people still fall for April fool's gags of this type. It's become so common, that it would be more surprising if this was actually real...

Maybe I'm just becoming old and grumpy, but I feel this April Fool's thing has run its course and can now die peacefully.

my girlfriend leaves my place this morning and calls me panicking

BABE!!! WTF ... THE WINDOWS ON YOUR CAR ARE BROKEN!!!!

I didnt even take my coffee yet...still half asleep

run outside in my PJs middle of the street only to have her laughing at me next to my car

my girlfriend leaves my place this morning and calls me panicking

BABE!!! WTF ... THE WINDOWS ON YOUR CAR ARE BROKEN!!!!

I didnt even take my coffee yet...still half asleep

run outside in my PJs middle of the street only to have her laughing at me next to my car

Lol, in my book, that would qualify her as a keeper.

BTW Danny, you got me.

Back