saaq road test, laval or HB?

MUSTANGJOE

Legacy Member
Hey guys,

I have to pass my road test this month, i heard from several people that the laval saaq is the easiest, which one do u recommend? Thxs!

Oh please, I did my car exam in laval a while back. When I had to pass my motorcycle exam I went to HB. Same thing if not easier. It was very easy the highway part is on the 15 between hb and the next exit. Small streets just be on the look out for speedsigns and hydrant if you need to park in the streets. That tree covering signs is bs if you go in the spring. If you need to do it during summer just go a week before drive around. There are a few thread where people actually gave their exam trajectory. Nevertheless good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my motorcycle exam in H-B and I took a 1 hour course with Lonestar before so he could show me around. My test was in July, so yes, there were some trees covering some signs and stuff but it gives you a reason to be extra vigilant.

For which ever location you decide to take, go 1 week before and drive around the neighborhood so you get acquainted with the speed limits (40?50?70?), 1 way streets, etc.

Ill be taking the 2hr refresher will lonestar as well. When u say 1 way streets, will they trick you by asking you to turn on a one way?

Yup April 7th, my 11 months end on Aprill 14th, u think im still able to make the app. If i chose a date after the 14th? Or do I have to wait untill that date to make app.?

you wont be doing any highway in laval. tu va faire des boulevards, voie de service de la 15 et quartier industriel.

This is what they check for the exam:
http://m4e.com/showthread.php/45024-Feuille-d-evaluation-examen-sur-route-SAAQ

SAAQ-Quest-1.jpg

SAAQ-Quest-2.jpg

I'll be signing up tomorrow to take my test in Laval, sometime in early May to let the roads clear up.
My experience in driving around both SAAQs has been that the HB location has retarded foreign drivers on the road at all times of day/night... Would rather not deal with them so Laval it is.

I grew up in Laval so I'm taking the test there for sure! lol

Too bad I can't take the test on my 250R. :cry:

I was around the Laval Saaq today, the saaq itself seems not as sophisticated as H-B but the streets are definitely in better condition than H-B. Most of the blvds like st.martin have 4 lanes! I guess I stay in the 2nd right lane?

Anyone have the route the examiners take for laval?

Thank!

Joe

I grew up in Laval so I'm taking the test there for sure! lol

Too bad I can't take the test on my 250R. :cry:

I don't mind switching bikes with you for a couple of days if your stuck and cannot find a 400cc+ bike to do it on... I'm in the west and ride a 13' CB500f.

Back