Windows tinting 48h

Goofy

Banned
Ok so here's my situation, bought a car from Ontario, passed the inspection without any problems.

Today I get pulled over and the cop tells me your windows tints seem dark, he pulls out his tester and says it only lets 33% of the light through instead of 30%. I look at him and tell him it's oem and window is dirty. He still gave me a 48h hour inspection.

Is this real life or what ? I just passed the inspection 6 months ago, is that inspection still valid ?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

pour 3% ya été chiern en cibole. ya rien par contre qui prouve au policier a vu d'oeil, que le jour d'apres que tu ai passé l'inspection tu aurais pu modifier celle-ci. ca lu aura prix un test pour confirmer le tout.

va a l'inspection, les gars vont rire du cas et te retourner chez vous. dit toi que ca aurais pu etre pire...

Inspection doesnt check window tint. I passed it with my 10%

And btw the law says u need 70% of light to come in, not the other way around.

Take off your tints and go pas the test, theres no other way around this.

Inspection doesnt check window tint. I passed it with my 10%

And btw the law says u need 70% of light to come in, not the other way around.

Take off your tints and go pas the test, theres no other way around this.

I am not taking my tints down because they are 3% darker, thats a joke.

Pretty sure there's a margin of error in that thing they use to do the test. I mean 3% wtf.

We are missing information:

Front or rear windows?

At rear you could have a plywood and it would be legal, at front though last I heard had to be factory with no added aftermarket tint.

If it's the front, remove your tint and repass an inspection. Did they stop you in the BMW or was it another car?

They are not 3% darker... In your original post you said " it only lets in 33% of the light" meaning its 37 darker than the limit...

Think of it this way: 70% of the light has to go through, in your case only 33% goes in. Meaning you are wayyyy darker than u can be.

Ok so here's my situation, bought a car from Ontario, passed the inspection without any problems.

Today I get pulled over and the cop tells me your windows tints seem dark, he pulls out his tester and says it only lets 33% of the light through instead of 30%. I look at him and tell him it's oem and window is dirty. He still gave me a 48h hour inspection.

Is this real life or what ? I just passed the inspection 6 months ago, is that inspection still valid ?

Your inspection is invalide as soon as you drive out of the garage. It's that stupid.

Cop wrote 34%.

Not clear what he means, does it let 34% of the lignt pass ?

It's an oem tint...

Will get an appointment to get it checked out.

What is funny is that he also gave me a ticket because he said he saw me talking on the phone, but he couldn't identify the people in the car...

070d5e6d1fbe7731b28b974af211a1e2.jpg

786e0ace47cf17b6a7a7a0eeb1a5227a.jpg

^^yes 34%is the amount of light that passes. Thats what they measure. And in this case you are wayyy too dark for quebec law... Dont waste your time arguing this case theres nothing you can do...

How do i know? Ive been in this scenario.

AND DONT FORGET saaq inspection doesnt check tints guys.... U can go in with a limo tint like i have and pass!! Its meaningless in this case

^^yes 34%is the amount of light that passes. Thats what they measure. And in this case you are wayyy too dark for quebec law... Dont waste your time arguing this case theres nothing you can do...

How do i know? Ive been in this scenario.

AND DONT FORGET saaq inspection doesnt check tints guys.... U can go in with a limo tint like i have and pass!! Its meaningless in this case

Jeez it's an oem tint...

I'll go to the inspection with the tint, if it's to dark, it will be a proof that he couldn't see clearly in the car and will have a better chance to win my case for the cell phone no ?

It is too dark.

Sure u can go fail the inspection if u want to pay twice lol

I dont know about the whole cell phone thing because ive never had to deal with it... So i dont want to speculate. But when it comes to tints i know my stuff

Had this already, pretty simple.

Remove tint, pass inspection, put tint back on. Enjoy.

Also there is no such thing as OEM tint, yours are clearly not OEM (OEM as in factory, not dealer). You may have some colors in OEM glass, like Merc was blue at a time, my GT has a little dark tint, but it will always allow more than 70% light from factory.

You keep insisting it is OEM tint? Take your house keys and scrape it across your front windows, if the tint become all scratched it is not OEM. Just remove the tint and stop giving the police any reason to stop you. The best is to avoid getting stopped by the police. Not worth your time and effort to fight it.

So my solution is:

- Go pass inspection, pay 50$ fail it, have proof it's too dark.
- Remove tint
- Pass inspection again, pass because 0% tint
- Put back tint
- Contest cell phone ticket, because even the cop wrote that he could't clearly identify the occupants of the vehicle, how could he tell I had a cell phone in my hand ?

What an idiot cop, he was mad as fuck, first thing he asked is : c'est tu ton auto ? Like why does it even matter to you?

After he stopped me, he went after another car, he was blocked by the car in front him that stopped at the red light. The car didn't want to move into the intersection to let him pass, so the cop drove over the sidewalk to go and stop the guy. I passed him WOT he looked at me so mad lel. Pretty sure he will stop me in 48h to check for the inspection.

So basically, you had your cellphone in hand and you have too dark tints... what are you complaining about again?

lucky you got 48 hours!
Bought my car in ontario too, got pulled over, got an instant 169$ ticket.
While the cops was writting the ticket I pulled out both tint. Didn't matter.
Cops told me to go back the the dealer and talk to them about having an illegal issue with the car.
I paid the ticket the day after, I don't go out and try to defend it. Too dark, illegal, ticket...end of story.

you know nowadays it is just not worth your time and money to argue or fight it. At the end you are going to pay one way or the other.

Back