The << You have to try this restaurant>> thread.

I've already posted a few reviews in: http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?860187-Fun-Restaurants-In-Montreal

My contributions:

Dibbs said:
Went to Nora Gray last night on St Jacques and it was definitely one of my best restaurant nights ever.

We got there at 21:30 (2nd service) and since I had made the reservations late on Friday afternoon we got seats at the bar. This turned out to be really good since we got to talk a lot with the owners of the restaurant and they entertained us all night, made us try various types of Italian liquors and alcohol (all free of charge!).

We also noticed that one of the Joe Beef owners was having dinner there and the owners of the restaurant explained to us that they were all ex-J.B. employees and that they maintained a really good relationship with the J.B. owners.

Later in the night, when almost everybody was gone, the other J.B. owner arrived and sat beside us. We had the chance to speak with him. It goes without saying that the chick I was with was mindblown!

Dinner cost me ~250$ but I went overboard with the wine selection, you can reasonably have dinner there for 150-175 for 2 including alcohol. I highly recommend going!

^^ This was in January 2014. I heard it went to shits since. I've heard 2 really bad reviews from close friends that have been in the past 2-3 months.

Dibbs said:
Pour ma part, je suis allé au Bungalow hier. C'est un endroit assez petit (15-20 personnes max) et ils ont eu une grosse cancellation a la derniere minute alors on etait les seuls dans le resto. Le staff nous ont entertainé toute la soiree alors c'etait bien, mais j'ai été decu au niveau de la nourriture (la derniere fois que je suis allé c'etait vraiment mieux...).

^^ I wouldn't go back there ever.

Dibbs said:
Went to Icehouse last night. The positives:
-Good food (especially the tacos!)
-Good drinks (especially the bourbon lemonade!)
-Staff is friendly
-Cool atmosphere

The negatives:
-Was sitting by the door which NOBODY closed on its way out
-Girl messed up our bills
-Was not too impressed with the lobster burrito, that thing was way too big -- we should of ordered more kinds of tacos instead

that's all I have to report.

^^ Would go again.

Dibbs said:
Went to Moishes last night and it was a very disappointing experience.

Took the USDA NY strip and my girlfriend took filet mignon. I took mine rare and she took her medium rare, I'm pretty sure they got the order mixed up which ended up in our pieces of meat not being cooked to our liking. We obviously let them know.

Also, I find that the wine list is disappointing for under $100. I'm used to going out to fancier places and can always pick a nice bottle for 70-90.

^^ Swore to myself I would never set foot again in that place. they diluted the brand with the late cheap menu. everytime I go it feels like a freaking zoo.

Dibbs said:
Went to bremner last night and after putting some thought into this, I think bremner is in my top 5 in Montreal.

Everytime I go there, the experience is consistent:
excellent food (tuna and tahini is insane, salmon tartare is insane, and the whole seam bream too).
very friendly staff
nice wine selection

^^Bremner deft in my top 5.

Other thoughts that came to mind while writing this:

Other places I loved and that i've been to recently: jatoba, garde manger, helena, milos

Other places I did not like as much: joe beef

Casual places i like: lemeac, bottega

Other places I hated: pied de cochon

going to 400 coups tomorrow... hope its good.
http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?860187-Fun-Restaurants-In-Montrea

La cervoise sur ontario.

Bon scotch/whiskey/biere

Derniere fois je suis aller entree de tartare de kangaroo
Filet mignon chameau
Creme brulee a labsynth

24e2xyx.jpg

Restaurant : A&W
Produit : Teen Burger avec bacon , bœuf élevé sans ajout d’hormones ou de stéroïde
Coût : 3.45 tx in bitch !

Bonus ma laitue ce prend pour les cheveux de Xavier Dolan !

Le Majestique sur st-laurent, j'y travaille et je vous confirme que la qualité et le prix sont extremement raisonnable. Essayez l'assiette de bacon, notre hot-dog 12" ou la nouvelle arrivée; la guédille crevette de matane 12" mayo sambal, ciboulette, echalottes, pain frit aux agrumes, micro pousses et radis rouge.. Simplement malade pour 18$.. Vous avez une carte de vin privée qui commence à 28$...

Bon j'ai p-e l'air vendu.. mais je crois en ma cuisine, l'ambiance du staff et l'atmosphère incroyable.

Ps: habs night = girls night out = sexy as f*%k clientele

Le Majestique sur st-laurent, j'y travaille et je vous confirme que la qualité et le prix sont extremement raisonnable. Essayez l'assiette de bacon, notre hot-dog 12" ou la nouvelle arrivée; la guédille crevette de matane 12" mayo sambal, ciboulette, echalottes, pain frit aux agrumes, micro pousses et radis rouge.. Simplement malade pour 18$.. Vous avez une carte de vin privée qui commence à 28$...

Bon j'ai p-e l'air vendu.. mais je crois en ma cuisine, l'ambiance du staff et l'atmosphère incroyable.

Ps: habs night = girls night out = sexy as f*%k clientele

WTF which bartender are you?
Im there quite a bit. Can't miss me I come in usually with the little blonde girl and motorcycle helmet and talk to tim all night lol. Was there last saturday sitting near the bathroom stool all night with her.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1440711085_e823e83c18aa71bf437134d8577bcf01

Can confirm, I adore this place and has gotten me laid quite a few times. MR meet?

Rasoi on Notre-Dame.. talking to the owner, its his take on modern indian food. All the tapas style entrees are indian fusion, modern type dishes and the mains are all traditional indian, his mother's recipe. I highly recommend, I had a little bit of everything and it's all bomb. Their butter chicken is outstanding, the kale paneer is to die for. Their goat cheese and fig naan bread pizza, holy shit. Not too expensive, lets say $40 a head you eat like a champ.

Rasoi-1.jpg

WTF which bartender are you?
Im there quite a bit. Can't miss me I come in usually with the little blonde girl and motorcycle helmet and talk to tim all night lol. Was there last saturday sitting near the bathroom stool all night with her.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd...._=1440711085_e823e83c18aa71bf437134d8577bcf01

Can confirm, I adore this place and has gotten me laid quite a few times. MR meet?

hahaha that's Benoit the bartender and David the floor manager

I work in the kitchen, I'm the sous-chef there, usually I'm off on saturday. Its nice to see we have regulars here ;-)

Nacho Libre j'ai jamais vu un service de marde de même. Attendre 1h00 pour 3 tacos. Serveur qui pogne les nerfs parce que tu chiâles que la bouffe arrive pas. Moitié des commandes oubliées.

Back