The << You have to try this restaurant>> thread.

Il y a un festival de restaurant dans le vieux port.

Je suis allez manger au Maggie Oakes sur la place Jacques-Cartier. Pour 29$ (prix spécial) repas 3 services, j'ai été comblé. Les tartares étaient excellents. Notre table était chaise haute sur le bord des fenêtres avec les décorations de la place Jacques Cartier en arrière plan... très très nice.

Lol Maggie Oakes. My friends chair broke, he fell over and grabbed the table on the way down. What a mess. The manager was like "oh too bad" the situation was handled so poorly. We didn't even get upset with the chair breaking but rather how they didn't even offer a simple sorry.

They have that festival every year to drive up sales during the slow period.

Lol Maggie Oakes. My friends chair broke, he fell over and grabbed the table on the way down. What a mess. The manager was like "oh too bad" the situation was handled so poorly. We didn't even get upset with the chair breaking but rather how they didn't even offer a simple sorry.

must've been some funny shit though

Your fault hanging out with whales

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I'm unsure if hitting your head on the ground is funny. Just the entire situation was handled poorly. We didn't want a free meal or such but a simple "we are sorry," would have been nice.

It's at the point with restos in this city where we just go to our usual places where we know the service and food will be good. Lots of places in this city get stuck on trends vs quality honest food.

That being said Maggie Oakes, Woodland Pizza in Verdun are very high on my shit list and maybe that 1 Michelin star resto in London. That's a story for another day

maggie oakes is ran by unexperienced managers IMO, but hey, they wear cool clothes and look hip

highest on my shit list is le mousso and café cordova

well... none of our chair broke and we showed up early before rush time. I did not need to interact with management(???). I still maintain that it was good value for the area.

maggie oakes is ran by unexperienced managers IMO, but hey, they wear cool clothes and look hip

highest on my shit list is le mousso and café cordova

I second about Le mousso (not le petit mousso, good but still not the same experience)
and my go to when I don't feel like trying a new place is Le Bremner.
Those 2 places aren't just about food, even if the food is simply amazing.
The place, the music, the service, they have it all.

I second about Le mousso (not le petit mousso, good but still not the same experience)
and my go to when I don't feel like trying a new place is Le Bremner.
Those 2 places aren't just about food, even if the food is simply amazing.
The place, the music, the service, they have it all.

Hahah... Yes le Bremner is a favorite of mine, been countless times and every time we have a good time. pleasant people, music always on point, right setting.

Only downside is that the menu needs a little revamp.

What's wrong with le mousso? It was ''THE'' place not so long ago.

And who go eat that much in overpriced old port ?

What's wrong with le mousso? It was ''THE'' place not so long ago.

And who go eat that much in overpriced old port ?

C’est comme tous les restos trendy. Le monde se tanne, le staff change, le service chie et la spirale de l’enfer débute

I'm unsure if hitting your head on the ground is funny. Just the entire situation was handled poorly. We didn't want a free meal or such but a simple "we are sorry," would have been nice.

It's at the point with restos in this city where we just go to our usual places where we know the service and food will be good. Lots of places in this city get stuck on trends vs quality honest food.

That being said Maggie Oakes, Woodland Pizza in Verdun are very high on my shit list and maybe that 1 Michelin star resto in London. That's a story for another day

So Valentines?

If I want a good steak I will not go to a hip, cool, trendy restaurant that has unexperienced cooks that barely know how to cook a steak

If I want a good steak I will go to Gibby's. It will be quiet, the service will be top notch and the steak will be perfect.

If I want a good steak I cook it at home. Period.

Paying 80$ for a 20$ bottle of wine and 60+$ per plate which may or may not have good veggies, sorry I'm not rich enough.

I'll pay whatever for something I can't do at home though.

lol Le Mousso c'etait de la MARDE quand on est allé. On etait allé pas longtemps apres leur ouverture. Je crois que c'etait Octobre 2015? ou 2016?

Wagyu beef cuit sous vide 72 heures - c'etait SEC!
Dessert petite creme avec du poivre - ma femme s'est étouffé c'etait ben trop poivré!
Le service etait exécrable et hautain.

j'en passe.

j'en suis marqué à vie tellement j'ai detesté mon expérience.

wow jtai mad en 2015: https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...tos-for-2015&p=9822980&viewfull=1#post9822980

If I want a good steak I cook it at home. Period.

Paying 80$ for a 20$ bottle of wine and 60+$ per plate which may or may not have good veggies, sorry I'm not rich enough.

I'll pay whatever for something I can't do at home though.

agree 100000000000000000000000000000%

If I want a good steak I will not go to a hip, cool, trendy restaurant that has unexperienced cooks that barely know how to cook a steak

If I want a good steak I will go to Gibby's. It will be quiet, the service will be top notch and the steak will be perfect.
Want to know what's funny but I almost prefer The Keg to Gibbys. We get gift cards to The Keg pretty often and I actually enjoying going. Yea it's a chain but the Old Montreal location and PVM are always on point

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back