Photoshoot: California BMW M Meet

That's quite true. Lease rates on Canadian models are ridiculous.

2015 M3 with Premium pacakge MSRP: $81,302 +tx.
Lease: $0 down $1454/mth tax in for 39 months at 4.9% and 20,000 Km/year. Residual: $38465 (47%).

The 47% residual is quite low. 4-year old M3s are going for $52-$57K at the moment.

In the US you're looking at significantly less. Their MSRP is $66K and their residuals much higher.

Check out this one quote:

36 Mo Lease/12K miles/65% residual/.00129 MF
MSRP $65275
Selling Price $63075 (still about $2290 over invoice)
Acq Fee $995 (they wouldn't change it no matter how much I tried)
Upfront $2253.31
Monthly $781.89

I stayed in Cali for 3 weeks last year to find a way to make a move and live there and trust me i was shocked by how cheaper things are.

I went there in order to prepare myself a way to move there permanently but it did not work out. I have a lot of relatives that are living in California and hey are extremely happy with the general cost of living compared to here.

When it comes to cars, for some reason, our residuals are way lower and it makes lease prices unattractive in Canada.

I stayed in Cali for 3 weeks last year to find a way to make a move and live there and trust me i was shocked by how cheaper things are.

I went there in order to prepare myself a way to move there permanently but it did not work out. I have a lot of relatives that are living in California and hey are extremely happy with the general cost of living compared to here.

When it comes to cars, for some reason, our residuals are way lower and it makes lease prices unattractive in Canada.

Residual values in Canada take into account that cars will be winter driven, and therefor likely more damaged by the 4 year mark. This makes the total residual value lower. The upfront cost is also significantly higher due to disparity between both currencies, and buying power. It's a sad reality that creates an even bigger divide between the middle-class and the wealthy.

Then again, the middle class can lease a very affordable base 3 series and stick on some eBay M badges and feel like a king in their little mind. lol

Residual values in Canada take into account that cars will be winter driven, and therefor likely more damaged by the 4 year mark. This makes the total residual value lower. The upfront cost is also significantly higher due to disparity between both currencies, and buying power. It's a sad reality that creates an even bigger divide between the middle-class and the wealthy.

Then again, the middle class can lease a very affordable base 3 series and stick on some eBay M badges and feel like a king in their little mind. lol

These people are all too common

Back