Dirt : PC Early Access

je veux un volant maintenant :(

Thurstmaster T300 RS *tu*

t300%20rs%202015-01-13%2000.41.41.jpg

manque une pédale non?

These are the stock pedals. They're OK IMO. You can buy the T500 RS pedals for it, if you want. You also have a bunch of other options.

Beau setup mais ton volant est trop loin de tes ecrans! Tu doit etre beaucoup plus proche.

I thought so, too, but in reality it's close enough. I lowered the screens a bit since I took the pic, so they're at eye-level now.

These are the stock pedals. They're OK IMO. You can buy the T500 RS pedals for it, if you want. You also have a bunch of other options.

I thought so, too, but in reality it's close enough. I lowered the screens a bit since I took the pic, so they're at eye-level now.

In reality, no. It's way wrong and you'd be surprised at what a difference it would make to move them closer. Your FOV is all wrong.

An extract from a longer discussion about it.

Distance to the main screen

“The closer, the better”

As you probably imagine, the closer you are, the better realism and immersion you get.

With this subject in mind there are different variables, as the screen size.
Below 27 inches ideal distance is about 60 cm, always calculating from the driver eyes to the main screen.
Bigger screens need to increase this distance up to 10 cm, no more. Over 70 cm is not recommend because lack of coherence between “real” and “virtual” objects.

It takes time to accommodate to these kind of short distances.

Wrong

07589e134c5e49b2d939c5f9c8cd7f44.jpg

RIGHT

TeroDinSim-545x600.jpg

FOV Calculator
http://www.totalspanishsimulator.com/manuales/varios/CALCULADORA FOV 3 PANT.xls

140705020118680941.png

I did a test with your setup, I've estimated your distance to be at around 1 meter and your monitors to be 27inches which is roughly 540mm wide, using those numbers you side monitors should be at 30 degrees, they are what now, maybe 12 degrees?

21ltvy8.jpg

Giving you 91 degres of FOV, not great, now if you get closer, let's say 800mm you increase your FOV to 112, 600mm it is 145!!! Huge difference.

You're right. The thing is that I only play racing games once in a while and it would be a huge hassle to move and align the screens just for one session. If i get a triple-screen stand, I'll come back to this thread and heed your advice.

Thanks a lot! :D

EDIT: Actually, you seem to know what you're talking about ;) Do you have any suggestions for triple monitor stands, with free shipping? I need it to accommodate 3 x PG278Q.

Last edited:
Here is a cheap solution :)

1igxfc.jpg

I built mine for less than $50, looking for those pictures now... Will post them when I find them.

Tu utilises une chaise roulante?

Depends, I don't have room for a dedicated chair for the setup. If it's an office chair on wheels, I hook the wheels in front of the pegs on the wheel stand so it doesn't move. The main issue is the armrests, so sometimes I use a foldable dining chair instead.

I'm loving this so far. I was one of the forum members on the old CodeMasters forums providing feedback and really begging them for a pure rally game. I can't wait for the hill climb. I'm using one of my two G27 cockpits with a 120" projector screen. Don't get much time to play, but it's fun to be thinking about a game again when I'm not playing it - that takes me back many years!

Indeed, very nice game, I've applied the changes posted by rookie earlier and wow, my wheel came alive :)

Saw this posted on another forum, the guy as so much talent, would love to be able to do this :)

Apparently some guy's been atop the Dirt Rally leaderboards a lot lately. Scrubs were calling him a cheat. Turns out he's an actual WRC race driver and he sent Codemasters a video to prove his driving was legit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPuk2ECaIQ

Indeed, very nice game, I've applied the changes posted by rookie earlier and wow, my wheel came alive :)

Saw this posted on another forum, the guy as so much talent, would love to be able to do this :)

He's kicking everyone ass, as expected

Thierry Neuville also played a big part in giving feedback for the game development, and he definitely plays this too.

wow c'est vraiment le fun, j'ai un fun noir avec la Delta S4.

Merci Rookie One pour les settings de force feedback ca a completement changé mon expérience, j'suis passé de "sti de jeu de marde" a "wow c'est tough mais jmenviens pas pire" :laugh:

Back