2010-11 S4 vs S-line

seph213

Hey guys , lookin for some opinions from S4 owners and everyone else ...

What so you gain aside from HP by buying an S4 over the S-line model

Usually this would be a no brainer but since we live in a world of GEV i'm wondering why would i bother with an S4

Can't really hit 250 on the 15 without having the SQ pull me over and look at me like i ran over his children before towimg my car and suspend my license for eternity .

S4 are around 10k more then the S-line model . Why pay that extra ? Should i pay that extra ?

I currently have a b7 s-line and loving it . Why would you upgrade to the S4 , why would u stick to the S-line models considering price , gas milleage , maintenance .

Are the 2010-11-12 S4 expensive on maintenance compared to the S-line ?

Oh one more thing , how does audi deal with mod cars , talking about tunes and dropping the car. Do they void the warranty or they let it pass

All opinions are welcome

Last edited:
First, ANY tune on any Audi under warranty right now will VOID your warranty. Don't listen to any tuner saying they can go back to stock, I wouldn't take that chance.

I have a 2010 S4. Overall, best daily driver there is. The supercharged engine is awesome, delivering power at any RPM. However, 2010's are known to have transmission issues (if you have the 7-speed DSG), I would look into a 2011 with the 24AS upgraded transmission software - free at the dealer. The S4 will get you nicer seats, a better transmission, one of the best engine and tons of fun. The extra 10k will easily be recouped if you ever decide to sell the car. I bought my 2010 for $37k two years ago and I could still get $30k right now without any mods. BEWARE - mods are expensive, but an exhaust will make a world of difference.

Maintenance on the car costs me less than on my 2010 STI. Dealers are mods-friendly for bolt-ons and suspension - at least mine is.

TL;DR: Get the S4. Enjoy every minute of it.

PassatDub summed it up pretty well.

I owned both cars as daily drivers.

a 2010 Brilliant Red A4 S-Line and a 2011 Blue Sprint S4.

Short answer : Get the 2011+ S4.

The S-Line is pretty boring. The 2.0T just doesn't cut it for the weight of the car. While the 3.0T is very playful on the highway, I believe that the better aspect of this engine is the torque delivery. It makes the S4 a pretty damn fun car to drive in the city. I've owned a modded 335I, a modded E46 M3, a modded Z4M, a modded E92 M3 and a modded S-Line....the most complete and daily drivable car so far has been the B8 S4.

IF i was to get one it would be a 6 speed manual transmition .

Any difference between 2010-11 for manual ?

When it comes to maintenance passed 80k , what am i looking at ? Anything pricey like maybe water pump timing belt ? Maybe this one has a chain i dunno ...

Should i worry if the car is higher than 70k km ? Should i get the extended warranty or is it useless ?

Obv talking about the S4 here , seems the S-line will not do anymore

Thanks for the input btw

IF i was to get one it would be a 6 speed manual transmition .

Any difference between 2010-11 for manual ? NOPE

When it comes to maintenance passed 80k , what am i looking at ? Anything pricey like maybe water pump timing belt ? Maybe this one has a chain i dunno ... CHAIN Wheel bearring,kombivalve "carbon" cleenup (100K+)

Should i worry if the car is higher than 70k km ? Should i get the extended warranty or is it useless ?

Obv talking about the S4 here , seems the S-line will not do anymore NOPE

Thanks for the input btw

j'ai eu un S4 2011 de 88 000 a 118 000KM et je n'est changé qu'un bearing de roue sous garentie

Côté entretien, changer les spark plugs et l'entretien de 85k km va te coûter environ 800$ (avec le changement d'huile). Aussi, tu peux considérer un carbon build up cleaning éventuellement aux environs de 100k km, mais c'est loin d'être aussi drastique comme problème qu'avec le B7 RS4.

No difference as far as I know for the 6-speed manual transmission betwwen a 2010 and a 2011. The clutch is known to be weak if you flash the car, but that's the price to pay for the insane increase in power with a Stage 1 or 2.

I sold my STI at 50k km. It felt like a piece of shit at 30k km. My S4 is strong as be and it has 86k km. No hesitation there, the supercharged V6 is one of the best Audi engines.

I was in the same boat as you after owning many 2.0T.

Went to different dealer and try B8 A4 auto and manual and then S4 dsg and manual... I end up with a 2011 S4 DSG, best daily driver ever. Better seat, better brake, a lot faster than a chip A4... for me it's only going to be a drop and nice wheels for this summer! :D

I was in the same boat as you after owning many 2.0T.

Went to different dealer and try B8 A4 auto and manual and then S4 dsg and manual... I end up with a 2011 S4 DSG, best daily driver ever. Better seat, better brake, a lot faster than a chip A4... for me it's only going to be a drop and nice wheels for this summer! :D

Do yourself a favor and consider an exhaust as well... The money I spent on my AWE is the best money ever spent on any cars I've owned.

Tiens, un peu d'inspiration pour ta drop et tes roues ;)

d76790a3-cfcd-4314-939f-e64bb26f6e06_zpsf563d3bc.jpg

45e93dd3-cb72-49b4-bbcb-b100aa2cc654_zps502891e3.jpg

Je vais installé des Springs H&R Sport 1.5'' d'ici 2 semaines et je risque de me commander des VMR 710 dans le 19 x 9.5

Pour l'exhaust le budget est pas la cette année mais je considère de remplacé le résonateur pour un Magnaflow X-Pipe Resonated.

Siii j'ai du cash de lousse... un Softwear Stage 1 :D

Je vais commencé par installé ma grille de RS4 ce week-end + tint haha... never ending project!

First, ANY tune on any Audi under warranty right now will VOID your warranty. Don't listen to any tuner saying they can go back to stock, I wouldn't take that chance.

not true, some dealerships dn't care.

had a b7a4 for 5years. got totaled.
so shopped around, tried b8 s4, b8 a4(garbage) didn't really have the feel for it.
got a b7 rs4 lel

Je vais installé des Springs H&R Sport 1.5'' d'ici 2 semaines et je risque de me commander des VMR 710 dans le 19 x 9.5

Pour l'exhaust le budget est pas la cette année mais je considère de remplacé le résonateur pour un Magnaflow X-Pipe Resonated.

Siii j'ai du cash de lousse... un Softwear Stage 1 :D

Je vais commencé par installé ma grille de RS4 ce week-end + tint haha... never ending project!

:)

IMG_0859_zps9f8cc002.jpg

Je roule des H&R Sport avec mes AvantGarde 19x9.5 ET 40. Je te conseille d'enlever la front fender screw en été (une simple vis que tu retires dans l'aile avant) pour éviter un petit frottement désagréable à l'occasion, quand le char est bien écrasé en courbes.

Et si t'as du cash de lousse, j'irais quand même avec l'exhaust avant le flash. Mais ça, c'est moi.

so shopped around, tried b8 s4, b8 a4(garbage) didn't really have the feel for it.
got a b7 rs4 lel

If you need any engine or transmission work done under warranty, there is no dealer that will do the work if they need to plug the car. It used to be fine a few years ago, but any VW or Audi that is flashed will not keep its powertrain warranty.

looking good passatdub , tell me what did u change exactly in your exaust ? just the mufflers or downpipe catback etc ?

I would also do a drop and wheels , thinking of KW coilovers to go lower than springs . Do 20' look off on this car ? i know on my b7 19's are a perfect fit and the max one should go .

got a b7 rs4 lel

This is bullshit

Td1 flag is automatic and no dealer can control it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking good passatdub , tell me what did u change exactly in your exaust ? just the mufflers or downpipe catback etc ?

I would also do a drop and wheels , thinking of KW coilovers to go lower than springs . Do 20' look off on this car ? i know on my b7 19's are a perfect fit and the max one should go .

I have the AWE Touring catback on stock downpipes. There's a bit of drone with the OEM downpipes, but I also wanted some sound, and I came acrosse a solid deal on the catback. The resonated downpipes are an extra $1k, but for a close to OEM sound in normal driving conditions, it's perfect. Check out YouTube to have an idea of how it sounds... or PM me if you ever want to meet *tu*

20's on the car don't look off, but you might need to go with 245/30/20 on a 9.5 or 10" wheel, which gives quite some stretch, to avoid any rubbing issues. I feel 19's look just right, but that's just me.

I have a B8 S4 & coilovers for sale, just sayin ��

I noticed... and if I feel springs are too soft after my track day in Tremblant, you might get a PM ;)

The 2.0 is not enough and jerky. S-Line is far from a S4.

The 3.0T is a FABULOUS engine and overall the S4/5 is an amazing daily driver. S5 2013 owner here driven for 1,000 hours so far and the cat amazes me every day.

This is bullshit

Td1 flag is automatic and no dealer can control it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

u w0t m8.. no lauzon honers tune.
last time i had to go for warranty work, they told me my car felt good with tune...and i nvr told them

b8s4 is nice to drive, not a fan of the b8 body.
lots of ppl own one i c

Back