Kijiji Finds

I kinda want this car but it's a bit too expensive IMHO for an 86 with a 4speed. I've been on the market for a fastback for over a year but I really want a 5 speed 87-88. I'm sure that this is a stunning car!

87 isn't much better than 86 having the same parts-bin brakes suspension... only other improvements really are Gen 2 headlight motor system and increased fuel tank capacity.

I think that with Rodney Dickman parts, a Beretta Getrag 282 could be bolted into a Muncie 4-speed Fiero without needing a Fiero Getrag donor. Shouldn't be too hard if you really want the 5-speed, though I think that the Fiero is fine with a Muncie.

I also know of two people with 88 GTs for sale (not mine), both Getrags. PM me for info if interested.

87 isn't much better than 86 having the same parts-bin brakes suspension... only other improvements really are Gen 2 headlight motor system and increased fuel tank capacity.

I think that with Rodney Dickman parts, a Beretta Getrag 282 could be bolted into a Muncie 4-speed Fiero without needing a Fiero Getrag donor. Shouldn't be too hard if you really want the 5-speed, though I think that the Fiero is fine with a Muncie.

I also know of two people with 88 GTs for sale (not mine), both Getrags. PM me for info if interested.

Hey I know you from FieroMontreal and Pennocks.

I mentioned 87 simply for the Getrag. I know I could get a late 86 with a 5 speed but it's not common.

I've had over a dozen Fieros since I bought my first car in 1999 but I never had a Fastback with a Getrag, only the Muncie. I do prefer the 87-88 headlight system by a longshot. I still haven 86 SE and 86GT with a stalled 3800 swap.

Yeah hook me up with your contacts. I'd love a manual 88. Is one of them Richard's car?

I kinda want this car but it's a bit too expensive IMHO for an 86 with a 4speed. I've been on the market for a fastback for over a year but I really want a 5 speed 87-88. I'm sure that this is a stunning car!

Prices have been kinda silly lately, I personally wouldnt buy a super low miles ultra clean car like that since I dont have a garage and cars are meant to be driven. I was looking for a low price beater manual Fiero at 3-6k but the ones I saw were too far gone or ugly colors.

Prices have been kinda silly lately, I personally wouldnt buy a super low miles ultra clean car like that since I dont have a garage and cars are meant to be driven. I was looking for a low price beater manual Fiero at 3-6k but the ones I saw were too far gone or ugly colors.

I know what you are saying and yes prices are out of control. My 86 2M6 has 31,000km and it's a garage queen. I have historic plates and insurance and I'm paranoid to drive it around just in case something happens. I would actually feel more comfortable driving this one at 71k lol The last time I took the car out was when I trailered it down for a Fiero show in the US a few years ago. I enjoy having it but it's not giving me the driving pleasure I'm looking for. I tried buying a TTOP 88 GT in BC 2 years ago. I offered 12k plus shipping but they didn't want to sell at that price. I think they ended up getting 14 or 15k for it.

Theres a red one for sale now but that price is total bullshit. The guy is trying to make a flip with an insane valuation.

anyways.. they sit on the market and I wait.

Yeah hook me up with your contacts. I'd love a manual 88. Is one of them Richard's car?

I just learned this afternoon that Richard sold his yellow car.

Theres a red one for sale now but that price is total bullshit. The guy is trying to make a flip with an insane valuation.

Is this the red Fiero I pointed you towards today, or another one? I don't care either way, just curious.

My 86 2M6 has 31,000km and it's a garage queen. I have historic plates and insurance and I'm paranoid to drive it around just in case something happens.

So why not put normal plates + insurance and drive and enjoy this car? If you already have it, might as well use it?

Every high-mile beater was once a zero-mile gleaming showroom car...

********************************************************************************

When I shopped for my current Fiero, I included automatic-trans cars in the search. Looking for manual-only is fairly restrictive.

The transmission swap is relatively straightforward.

I just learned this afternoon that Richard sold his yellow car.

Is this the red Fiero I pointed you towards today, or another one? I don't care either way, just curious.

So why not put normal plates + insurance and drive and enjoy this car? If you already have it, might as well use it?

Every high-mile beater was once a zero-mile gleaming showroom car...

********************************************************************************

When I shopped for my current Fiero, I included automatic-trans cars in the search. Looking for manual-only is fairly restrictive.

The transmission swap is relatively straightforward.
Too bad for Richard's car, someone will enjoy it for sure!

The red one I am talking about is in BC, it's been on KIJIJi for a year. The seller wants 22k for it. The previous owner offered it to me for $7,800 but I only saw his message on pennocks a week later and he had already sold it to this new guy who immediately listed it for sale at break neck price.

Anyways. There are many reasons why I want to preserve my current car. I really do want to find the one eventually. I don't have time for a project or else my other fiero project would be completed.

We'll see what happens. Maybe this year

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Back