What to do if your speeding ticket never arrives?

bug2k

About a month ago, I got stopped on The Boulevard for doing 50 in a 30 zone (was passing a cyclist to make it safer for everyone involved). It was my first ever speeding infraction. The cops were nice and said that I would be getting a ticket in the mail (and 72 points), based on the (correct) info on my driving licence.

To date, I haven't received the ticket. Now I'm concerned that if I get pulled over for anything else, an unpaid fine will show up. And of course, saying it never arrived in the mail is going to sound lame. Any suggestions on what to do?

Call the saaq, ask if you have any unpaid fine on your record, if not : profit !!!!

it took me and veerrsixxer once 6 months to get tickets in the mail for illegal flashers on our motorcycles

dont sweat it

and even if the ticket got lost.... you will get a reminder to pay.... then if you dont pay by that date... you get a second letter saying they will suspend your license on a specific date unless you pay

I used to do all that to save time when I had 14 points lost on my license and another 12 my lawyer was working on or that I calculated the time I got points back bla bla bla pay the ticket when i got points back and so on .... lol

so take it from me.... dont sweat

i got a speeding ticket in Ontario like 2 years ago, never paid it and never got anything in the mail, i have a ticket payment agreement that i pay every month at the cour municipale so I know of any tickets coming my way regularly, anyone ever had this happen to them?

i got a speeding ticket in Ontario like 2 years ago, never paid it and never got anything in the mail, i have a ticket payment agreement that i pay every month at the cour municipale so I know of any tickets coming my way regularly, anyone ever had this happen to them?

the agreement is only for the specific infractions. and even between municipality they cant see other tickets that you have in other cities yet alone other provinces.
because the points are cumulated on your drivers licence, so the SAAQ are the only one who can see how many points you have cumulated on your Qc licence.

I would call Ontario and pay the ticket if I were you.... honestly... these kind of things never just "go away" .... you dont want to wake up one morning with a suspended license or an unpaid ticket that had fees added to it for years

I blew a stop sign like 3 years ago and still haven't gotten a ticket or heard anything from the SAAQ or government lol. The cop took a picture of my license plate because he was in a hurry apparently, and said I'd get it in the mail. Maybe he just did that to scare me?

Contested my ticket 3 years ago in July, haven't received any news from it since then.

did you write a reason for contesting in the back of the ticket ?

if you wrote a reason and the person who received it believed what you wrote and thought you would win in court... it can be reversed

I had a ticket that I sent pictures to prove and wrote why im contesting and never heard back and never got nothing in the mail either

I had received a ticket on the highway for crossing a solid line... but there was no line at all! so it was easy to prove my point

There's a ville de montreal office in Lasalle on Newman I think the address is 7777 newman, go there and see if you have any tickets under your name. If you don't pay fees get added and it can get expensive.

They said they'd give me the minimum points - 72, rather than 180 or something. I have no idea what that means, so I'm going to look it up. Very different to the UK system I grew up with.

EDIT:

Ok, so I call BS on what I heard, or what he said. According to this table I should be getting just 1 demerit point!
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/demerit_points_table.php

Maybe he said "One to two points" and I misheard him with his accent?

did you write a reason for contesting in the back of the ticket ?

if you wrote a reason and the person who received it believed what you wrote and thought you would win in court... it can be reversed

I had a ticket that I sent pictures to prove and wrote why im contesting and never heard back and never got nothing in the mail either

I had received a ticket on the highway for crossing a solid line... but there was no line at all! so it was easy to prove my point
No, I just contested it because I would have been low on points. I did not write any reasons as I was 100% in the wrong haha The police officer said to me that I could contest it, so I did.

il y a 12-13 ans j'ai pogner un ticket 125kmh/zone de 100, pas un radar mais un policier en chaire et os lol

Jamais payé, jamais eu de nouvelle ?!

They said they'd give me the minimum points - 72, rather than 180 or something. I have no idea what that means, so I'm going to look it up. Very different to the UK system I grew up with.

EDIT:

Ok, so I call BS on what I heard, or what he said. According to this table I should be getting just 1 demerit point!
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/demerit_points_table.php

Maybe he said "One to two points" and I misheard him with his accent?

72$, not points...

Back