Custom Lowering Springs

pguru

Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting custom lowering springs made. There aren't any aftermarket choices or coilovers that fit properly so making custom springs is the most viable option. Is there anywhere in Quebec/Ontario that does this sort of thing? Or even just a reliable suspension shop that does some custom work?

Thanks guys!

(Is this the right section for this type of question?)

Last edited:
Custom springs are unbelivably expensive to produce. At work, we have had to have some made... expect to pay several hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

There is a bazillion of available spring available already. I have a hard time imagining that none of them fit your application.

For what car do you need them?

for a motorcycle it's ~150$ for a spring.

Stadium Suspension the place ! They are in beloeil on the 20 service road.
they can have them made to your spec.

Custom springs are unbelivably expensive to produce. At work, we have had to have some made... expect to pay several hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

There is a bazillion of available spring available already. I have a hard time imagining that none of them fit your application.

For what car do you need them?

Unfortunately, it is the case. It's for a Celebrity (so 1982-1991 'GM A-Body' cars). Eibach used to make some but they were discontinued in the mid 90's and are almost impossible to find anymore. Coilover conversion is very tricky, requires a fair amount of work and may actually feel worse than stock so that's not really an option.

There's a forum I go on for my car and we're trying to drum up support for a group buy (from Eibach) but can't get enough people so I'm stuck trying to figure out another option.

for a motorcycle it's ~150$ for a spring.

Stadium Suspension the place ! They are in beloeil on the 20 service road.
they can have them made to your spec.

I e-mailed and called them and no answer, no call back....quite the business

I e-mailed and called them and no answer, no call back....quite the business

Emailed them about a quote and got nothing.

There must be someone on here who's gotten custom spring work done? I know they'll be costly and within a reasonable amount, I don't mind paying. Tired of the crazy wheel-gap

There must be someone on here who's gotten custom spring work done? I know they'll be costly and within a reasonable amount, I don't mind paying. Tired of the crazy wheel-gap

If we're talking low n slow, purely aesthetic, buy a junkyard set and cut them. Back then the springs were not fancy.

J'ai des springs custom qui se font faire en ce moment chez Stadium.

Oui j'ai beaucoup de misère à les rejoindre moi aussi. Autant par email que par téléphone: je me suis présenté sur place et je leur ai fait une petite "crise" pour leur dire que je n'aimais pas être traité comme ça. Ils se sont excusés et depuis j'ai du bon service.

J'ai des springs custom qui se font faire en ce moment chez Stadium.

Oui j'ai beaucoup de misère à les rejoindre moi aussi. Autant par email que par téléphone: je me suis présenté sur place et je leur ai fait une petite "crise" pour leur dire que je n'aimais pas être traité comme ça. Ils se sont excusés et depuis j'ai du bon service.

Ah oui? Donc je crois que je vais essayer ca.

C'est des springs pour un voiture? Combien ça coûte?

Moto. pour les prix c'est du cas par cas donc tu es mieux de demander.

Wow, ton char est vraiment un Chevy Celebrity? Y'en a plus beaucoup sur la route! Une suspension de J-Body ça ne fitte pas?

Moto. pour les prix c'est du cas par cas donc tu es mieux de demander.

Wow, ton char est vraiment un Chevy Celebrity? Y'en a plus beaucoup sur la route! Une suspension de J-Body ça ne fitte pas?

Merci; je crois que je vais y allez la semaine prochaine!

Oui, c'est un Celebrity 1989; j'en ai un genre de "project thread" dans mon sig.
Le seul autre suspension GM qui irra sur mon char sans grand modification c'est un U-body (van).

hmmmmm not sure i wanna do business with a shop that has bad customer service....what if something goes wrong..???

they have good customer service to me...just hard to reach on the phone.
it's a small shop...don't expect someone sitting at a chair to answer the phone.

it's a small shop...don't expect someone sitting at a chair to answer the phone.

Si c'était juste ça... Moi j'ai envoyé un email, après 4 ou 5 jours pas de réponse j'appelle, tombe sur le répondeur, laisse un message demandant de me rappeler, pas d'appel après 2 jours. J'appelle encore, tombe sur un jeune pas trop sûr de lui, me dit que Thierry est occupé dans le moment et il va me rappeler. Ben criss, il m'a jamais rappelé. C'est pour ça que j'ai été en personne leur faire une "crise"

Back