Stuck between paint and wrap

supreme

hey guys, just wanted to know your opinion on the two options I am considering. Currently my clear-coat is peeling everywhere, so I was originally thinking of a respray, but then I had the idea of recreating the look of a 90's Group A car. I know the second option is way more out there, but I think itd be original. Here are some pics of what im talking about

For paint i was thinking a dark purple like one of theses:

4r9aie.jpg

wcaer43m4so8sh1ye4bz.jpg

And the livery I had in mind was from the mighty HKS GT-R:

HKSPD10-352_0SCw_0.jpg

HKSPD10-243.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Un wrap comme ca va etre plus cher quune bonne job de peinture.

Non. Un wrap comme ca c'est 2-3000$ Une bonne job de peinture c'est le double de ca. Une job de peinture "popire" va couter la meme chose, et une job de pietre qualite va couter $1500...

OP, what GTH says is true to a certain extent. If you have CC flaking all over, those dips and variations in the finish will show through a wrap. However, since you're looking at a camo style wrap, those imperfections would be hard to see.

Maaco is a VERY cheap American paint shop chain that does lower than bottom of the barrel work for dirt cheap. Generally in the $500 range for a complete car.

I was joking....

They advertise paint jobs for $299. Does not include any prep at all. Just the spray.

I used to work at a Corvette restoration company as a summer job years ago. If a car needed little to no bodywork, and was completely stripped and ready for paint it was about $10 000.

Thanks for all the replies, also i should have mentioned that if i do decide to wrap it I will prep the surface to get rid of imperfections. I also agree that the price of the job really dictates quality, and i have done some research into that. A quality wrap like that will cost about $3000 from a reputable shop, which is far less than the price for a paint job of similar quality. Im think im leaning more towards wrap, but it will be a while before i commit to either so I have some time to think it over

Wraps are temporary.

They do not last as long as paint. You cannot polish or wax it. Never mind what bird poop and tree sap does to it.

Unless you park it indoors you really can't compare a wrap to paint.

You spend $3000 to wrap over good paint, because you feel like spending the $...

Back