Fox body conv... what to look for?

white_blazer

I’m going to see a Fox convertible soon. I know the car is an original 5.0 5spd… it has either a blown trans., or clutch.. but the price is right (in my opinion)

Are there any common issues I should be looking for? Any major “hidden” rust areas I should look at?

Rust:
Front shock tower / Front frame rail (near master cylinder)
Rear frame rail, from underneth and/or trunk
Torque box
Floor of course, mainly driver side
A-pillar
Behind the taillight/license plate
Lower door skins
at the door hinges

Check if it was an ex-stollen car. That easy, the original VIN plate will be removed and a new one on the door jamb with be there along with many SAAQ green/white inspection sticker.

Nikkonos brought up the big things on any fox, make sure to check when he wrote about! As far as convertible, check the condition of the top/back window. Check the gap where the window/s meet the top (there is usually gaps on after market roofs). The roof should go up and down somewhat smoothly. Check the general condition of the interior (rear quarters are very expensive). One thing to remember, no matter what, you will hear wind noise on the highway with everything closed.

My '88 is original except for the roof and bolt-ons. If you want to compare anything or need pics, let me know. Good luck!

Comme ca a été dit, check pour la rouille en dessus, dans la valise, dans le bas des portes etc etc,
la rouille c'est un des seul défaut majeur des Fox.

Le reste c'est d'inspecter comme pour l'achat de tout char usagé.

Buy a hard top lol

Convertible = the gay

Mustang V6 oui
Mustang V8 non

pi meme si ca serait fif un V8 Mustang c'est tellement cool pas de top quand il fait beau soleil l'été. *tu*

pi meme si ca serait fif un V8 Mustang c'est tellement cool pas de top quand il fait beau soleil l'été. *tu*

This. I'm not looking for a "go fast" car. I'm looking for a cruiser that sounds good and can do a burn out if I choose to. Top down, tunes up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Back