Lapping ICAR Mercredi soirs ..

c'est ou qu'on peut avoir la confirmation que c'est une journée complète le 24 ?

C'est le directeur qui m'a informé mercredi dernier qu'il y aurait de quoi le jour aussi quand je lui ai demandé si ça lappait le 24 au soir.

Au pire appelle avant pour confirmer et avoir les détails, juste pour pas te déplacer si jamais il devait y avoir des changements.

Just to say, I came Wednesday for this exact reason. Never done ICAR before so wanted to at least know the layout. Only did one session, but the instruction was exactly what I needed. Helped start with a reasonable time at Track & Time today :)
I'll come back, me and a couple of corners need to have some words.

You're doing great with that RX-8, giving it a good workout.
Keep up the great work!

Was a great T/A and SPC day yesterday at ICAR. I helped out a friend in his Compact SPC racer all day (12 hours).

He had a mechanical issue, and lost a pulley and bolt on the track. He completed 1 out of the 3 races that day.. I went hunting for the parts in turn 14 between races, and found the parts. Him and his friend worked on buffing the damaged pulley, and bolt, and serpentine belt, and got the Echo back on its feets within 90 minutes in the Pit area. Quite a sight to see, and great team work from these guys, which happen to be colleages in real life.

He was able to compete in the last race of the day at around 8pm!

He a short clip, but audio is screwed up ...
https://www.facebook.com/190665314299320/videos/vb.190665314299320/977259965639847/?type=2&theater

Last edited:
LOL!!! So thats where he is !
Video includes Steph, Max and Pierre !!! :bigup:

Max seems like the low profile kind of guy, but he still attracts attention by his skills and his M3/E46 track setup.
Without trying too hard, he is 10 seconds faster (1:43) than my best lap time at ICAR (1:53) ...

Last edited:
Do you need to have your own helmet to participate in the lapping sessions?

I've been to the tarmac attack on Tuesdays, but they don't require a helmet for the sprint track. Looking to get into this, but I know my car isn't setup for lapping per se.

Need one for lapping. You can rent one there or borrow one from a friend, if you are not ready to buy your own yet.

Last edited:
Personally, I help out as a volunteer instructor at ASELC (St-Eustache) on Monday's, and ICAR on Wednesday's.
ICAR gets a little busier and crowded on Wednesday nights as compared to Monday nights.

Last edited:
ditto ^^^

As for the helmet, get an HJC from Perry Auto and go see Carl or whoever: great counselling, best prices around by far, great quality, great fit, you won't regret it, can't stress this enough.
At a fraction of the price, it's better than pretty much everything else you can get, short of an Arai helmet maybe, but that comes with a hefty price tag too, though as close as you can get...on a ''budget''.

Lots and lots of people all over lapping with these without a complaint, myself included, going from Arai to HJC actually so I speak from experience and if you consider that it will last for about 10ish years or so, it's realley not expensive, not to mention it's one of the best investment you can do for your own security, even when doing tarmack attack...just my 2 cents.

Close to expiration for my SA2005 certification helmet at ASELC (lifecycle of about 10 years + 2 grace years). Will get a new one (SA2015) from Perry early next year. I think they will be released around October 2015 ...

Last edited:
That sure was a fun video to make, Dave. *tu* Wait until you see what I have in store for the end of this season! :yikes:

dcaron999, c'est Max que t'as vu en piste.

You already set the bar up high Steph ! :eek1:
This will be good !
Will try to catch up with with you this week , quite a bit going on.

c'est ou qu'on peut avoir la confirmation que c'est une journée complète le 24 ?

C'est le directeur qui m'a informé mercredi dernier qu'il y aurait de quoi le jour aussi quand je lui ai demandé si ça lappait le 24 au soir.

Selon la page FB, "Prenez note que ICAR sera ouvert le jour de la Fête Nationale, soit le mercredi 24 juin prochain. Vous pouvez donc réserver des forfaits de pilotage de voitures exotiques, venir faire du karting ou encore venir au Lapping Night!"

... ce qui semble indiqué qu' il n'y auras pas de lapping le jour, juste de l'exotique, donc horaire régulière de lapping a partir de 5pm ...

Confirmed with Julien. On June 24th, lapping starts at 5pm (regular time).
There is no open lapping during that day.

During the day (before 5pm), there will be exotic runs for those that are interested, but its better to reserve ahead of time.
If weather sucks, you can come back any time when exotics are on the agenda during the summer.

Some just show up, get lucky and book a few laps in an exotic car, right on the spot...

http://www.icarexperience.com/en/

http://www.icarexperience.com/

Last edited:
Belles sessions de vert ce soir, content que vous ayez été du rendez-vous tout le monde. Si on continue d'être assez à chaque semaine et que le monde le demande, on va s'arranger pour qu'il y en ait tout le temps le mercredi.

Dommage que l'orage a eu lieu alors que le monde arrivait et que plusieurs sont repartis ou ont rebroussé chemin en cours de route car on a perdu des chars et des pilotes de qualité à cause du mauvais timing de la pluie...mais la soirée était superbe 45 minutes plus tard et il y avait de la grip à revendre! Ceux qui ont reviré de bord, vous avez manqué de quoi les gars.

Belles sessions de jaune/vert aussi et ya des rouges qui s'en viennent pas mal.

PVI mercredi le 1er juillet, il y aura du lapping aux heures habituelles et plusieurs instructeurs pour ceux qui en auront besoin, en plus qu'on se fait des sessions de verts si le monde est au RDV alors il y en aura pour tout le monde...pas d'excuses personne travaille et personne fête ça le premier juillet! lol

Quelque superbe photos de KL Touge encore une fois, et sous la pluie avec les verts ....:yikes:

Sans oublié les bolides exotiques avant et apres la pluie ...

Back