Article: Nothing Like A Montreal Pothole To Tear Up A Brand New Audi S8

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp...treal-pothole-to-tear-up-a-brand-new-audi-s8/

Automotive Journalist Benjamin Hunting was driving a brand-spanking new Audi S8 press car Tuesday evening in N.D.G. when it struck a crater in the road, instantly puncturing the tire and causing a flat.

Usually potholes are most common during the spring when melting snow and ice wreak havoc on Montreal quality asphalt so it’s somewhat surprising (even for this city) to see a hole of this magnitude in the summer.

As luck would have it, the tire-changing kit was incomplete and Hunting was unable to remove the lug nuts, leaving him stranded on the side of the road just before midnight a mere ten blocks from his home.

After an hour or so, roadside assistance was able to tow the vehicle and the ordeal was over at about 1AM. We’ll be sure to link to Hunting’s review when it’s published because it’s sure to be interesting (though that won’t be for several months since his time with the vehicle was cut short). The Audi S8 is the German brand’s flagship luxury sedan and starts at $128,900 in Canada.

pothole1.jpg

pothole2.jpg

pothole3.jpg

pothole4.jpg

sur dickson il as un canal renfoncé de 4'' de profond ... Genre sa tappe en sacrament

where in NDG is this??? i live there and dont feel like getting a flat

I cant beleive this. This is the SAME pothole that got my car LAST YEAR! I destroyed my front left tire.

to answer your question its on Somerled in front of the school near the ndg police station, 1 block away from cavendish.

I went to the station right after to complain and called the city...they filled the hole it up but I guess it cracked again. Why cant they fixholes properly in this province?
My friend just came back from Botswana and said the roads are better over there.

when it struck a crater in the road, instantly puncturing the tire and causing a flat.
Welcome to Montreal, this is Jackass. :thefinger

to answer your question its on Somerled in front of the school near the ndg police station, 1 block away from cavendish.
:D thanks I won't drive on Somerled no more.

The Audi S8 is the German brand’s flagship luxury sedan and starts at $128,900 in Canada.
I'm pretty sure it's peanuts in Germany.

A brand spanking new S8 who apparently already has worn out tires and rust alongside the rotor ???

L'effet dramatique et sensationaliste de la redaction du texte m'interpelle quasiment tout autant que le cratére en plein milieu de la route:confused:

combien de temps tu pense que ca dure des pneus de 240 de threadwear sur une auto de 2000KG en conduite inspiré de journaliste ?

The Audi S8 is the German brand’s flagship luxury sedan and starts at $128,900 in Canada.

I'm pretty sure it's peanuts in Germany.

116 900 EURO..... soit 160 000$ CDN ta l'air fin la hein :)

A brand spanking new S8 who apparently already has worn out tires and rust alongside the rotor ???

L'effet dramatique et sensationaliste de la redaction du texte m'interpelle quasiment tout autant que le cratére en plein milieu de la route:confused:

That tyre isn't worn out. The line you see is from driving even a few feet with a flat. The rusted rotor is normal, I've never seen any that aren't even after a single night outside.

j'ai entendu qu'en Allemagne les voitures les plus chere se sont les Americains surtout Ford comparer au voiture Allemand.

C'est comme partout en Europe. Ils protegent leur marche en surtaxant les voitures etrangeres. D'ailleurs je suis surpris qu'on ait pas une voiture en Francais made in Quebec ici pour donner l'excuse a Quebec (justement) de surtaxer les voitures etrangeres Made in English.

I cant beleive this. This is the SAME pothole that got my car LAST YEAR! I destroyed my front left tire.

I went to the station right after to complain and called the city...they filled the hole it up but I guess it cracked again. Why cant they fixholes properly in this province?
My friend just came back from Botswana and said the roads are better over there.

ohhh i know that corner its pretty bad .... all of somerled is fucking bad going to CSL road

Back