News: BMW M Cars May Soon All Be Automatic

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0715-bmw-manual.jpg

http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp/2015/07/bmw-m-cars-may-soon-all-be-automatic/

The head of BMW’s M division Frank van Meel says he doesn’t think there is much of a future for manual gearboxes due to declining sales of M cars equipped with manual transmissions.

Van Meel was quoted as saying: “From a technical standpoint, the future doesn’t look bright for manual gearboxes. The DCT and auto ’boxes are faster and they have better fuel consumption.

“It’s difficult to say we’ll stick to the manual, but we still have a big fan community for manuals and we are not going to take away something the customer wants to have.”

This is sure to disappoint all the manual fanatics out there (including myself). Let’s hope it doesn’t come to this.

Source: Autocar

Anyway d'ici là elles vont toutes peser 6200lbs et être grosses comme une série 6 alors couldn't care less

“It’s difficult to say we’ll stick to the manual, but we still have a big fan community for manuals and we are not going to take away something the customer wants to have.”

I like to hear this....

moi ce que je vois dans le futur ca sera des automatiques deguisees en fausses manuelles avec une fausse clutch qui servira a envoye un signal electronique a l'ordinateur de la transmission atx et un shifter qui ne servira qu'a enclancher des encodeurs de positions pour dire quelle vitesse est selectionee

If I'm a market for a Mcar, it's not even in my priority list to get any kind of fuel economy. Seriously, what is the % of M owners who drag race their car? Who give a damn about a 0.3sec faster 0-62mph when you are enjoying your car on a beautiful twisty road or in a lapping session? I'm not saying that if you are a professional race driver...

M was used to be for enthusiast who enjoy the driving experience which you lose when you are driving a (no feeling) transmission on a DD basic
Does the DTC is a better transmission? Yes

BTW, I've drove both transmission.

If I'm a market for a Mcar, it's not even in my priority list to get any kind of fuel economy. Seriously, what is the % of M owners who drag race their car? Who give a damn about a 0.3sec faster 0-62mph when you are enjoying your car on a beautiful twisty road or in a lapping session? I'm not saying that if you are a professional race driver...

M was used to be for enthusiast who enjoy the driving experience which you lose when you are driving a (no feeling) transmission on a DD basic
Does the DTC is a better transmission? Yes

BTW, I've drove both transmission.

if that were the case, why are 991 porsche owners happy to have 7 speeds manual? for fuel economy duhh

Can't BMW simply bring out a 1-series M car with an N/A straight 6 and MT?

They can make the rest of the M line-up for the masses with numb electric steering, automatic trans and twin-turbocharged V8-powered 900hp A-pillar-as-thick-as-yo-mama, 3,000 kg behemoths with voice command butt massagers, but save just one small original M3-sized M car with a stick, simple mechanics and weight under 1,300 kg.

Just one modern-day old school car.

They can make the rest of the M line-up for the masses with numb electric steering, automatic trans and twin-turbocharged V8-powered 900hp A-pillar-as-thick-as-yo-mama, 3,000 kg behemoths with voice command butt massagers, but save just one small original M3-sized M car with a stick, simple mechanics and weight under 1,300 kg.

This !!

worst idea ever .. i know it can switch faster then me but its not the same feelling and how much will it cost to fix after u blow it all up

Keep dreaming... The last M horrah was the 1M

la signification du M chez BMW a definitivement changer avec le temps...

au paravant, ca signifiait, plaisir de conduire a l'etat pure avec class...notre generation revais d'en avoir une.

aujourdhui, ca veux plutot dire, plaisir de conduire une automatic qui consomme comme un 4 cyl, mais qui performe comme un v8 avec plein de gadget et le crest BMW. Ca fait juste "chu hot" j'ai un BMW M series.

quand j'etait plus jeune je revais d'avoir un M serie 3, maintenant...bof.

je doit pas faire partie de la nouvelle generation de clientele cible pour ce produit, j'imagine.

Last edited:
la signification du m chez bmw a definitivement changer avec le temps...

Au paravant, ca signifiait, plaisir de conduire a l'etat pure avec class...notre generation devrait en avoir une.

Aujourdhui, ca veux plutot dire, j'ai assez de cash pour la m; suce ma bite.

ftfy

Back