Article: The Porsche 911 Thread

h-lover

Legacy Member
Hey guys,

I've taken an interest in Porsches in recent months (in no small part because there seems to be many Porsche fans on the forum) and wanted to get your opinion. I see lost of posters drooling over the Porsche 911 GT3 but if I'm not mistaken, it's the Porsche 911 Turbo S which is actually the top of the line model.

http://www.porsche.com/canada/en/models/911/

There are so many freaking models of Porsche 911 lol. Anyways I'm just wondering what the appeal of the GT3 is compared to say, a 911 Turbo S. I know one is naturally aspirated and one is turbo but why not droll over the faster one?

2014_porsche_911_f34_fd_617131_1600_zps4e04b6f6.jpg

911-Turbo-Price.jpg

Gt3 is a more track oriented car.

Its typically the same thing for the mustang Boss. Its not the fastest but regain its value cause its really well balanced and like the gt3 Porsche its track oriented.

Last edited:
GT3 and GT3 RS are track orientated and RWD
Turbo and Turbo S are more GT touring cars and AWD

I'm hijacking this thread. Here is a list of all the 911 versions from the Porsche website with the MSRPs added by me. Which is your favorite?

Porche.jpg

For daily driving I find the new Targa 4S or GTS is a really good package overall, and supposedly chassis flex that plagued the 993-996 models has been pretty much recitified. Id get it in Arctic Silver to not have the clash of that B-pillar arch. Also if Im not mistaken, its available in manual.

Back