Coding E90

X2, looking for someone to code in a package for my mini, using the same software. Let me know if you find someone.

I would help you guys but having trouble with my laptop. I can however code the basic features on E46,E9x and also alpina flash without a problem.

worst case if I decide to keep the car I'll probably buy the cable with a cheap laptop, that being said I'm wondering how well a odb2 bluetooth adapter with the android/IOS "torque?!?" if I remember correctly would work for conding and what the limitations are.

worst case if I decide to keep the car I'll probably buy the cable with a cheap laptop, that being said I'm wondering how well a odb2 bluetooth adapter with the android/IOS "torque?!?" if I remember correctly would work for conding and what the limitations are.

I have the torque app connected via obd2 on my android devices, and it does nothing to code anything. Its simply a telemetry display\performance calculator, and might be able to reset warnings, thats about it.

I'd go for the laptop\cable combo too, the problem is that i have literally not been able to find NCexpert, and i've read that installing it properly is a nightmare.

On peut l'essayer genre ce dimanche si tu veux passer chez nous. J'ai torque et tu peux rien faire avec ca sauf lire et effacer les codes mais meme ca marche pas bien dans une bmw. ;)

You cannot code what you need that way, you need NCS Expert.

It can be a real pain to setup the first time and as an added bonus it is mainly in German, so unless you want to dedicate a week of evenings into getting it all going I would find someone to do it :)

oups sorry guys I got confused, I was talking about the "BMWhat" app and not the "torque", it seems like it allows to do coding, just not sure what it's limitations are, I'm going to look into it and update here in case it interests some other people...

for android, pre-lci coding works if you have the cable.

i think you were looking at the bluetooth adaptor (for prelci bluetooth is recommended for diagnosis only, not to be used to code).

i havent gone though the full list so i dont know if it would be able to code out what you need anyway, but you should email the guy to ask, theyre quick and have good support. Ive used the app for a while now, im a big fan..super easy. Helped diagnose a failing waterpump before my car could leave me stranded.

lol will not work for my car anyway as it's a 2006 PRE LCI, but it doesn't look like it has the option to remove the adaptive headlight feature anyway, although for the price seems like a good alternative for coding for most basic stuff:

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge-base/code-bmw-what-is-possible/

Diagnosis works with all listed models, Coding only for models built after ca. 03/2007 or after face lift.

I have all the adapters for this app and can do any E90 but again what he wants is not basic features, you need NCS Expert.

He is not trying to change to euro settings etc, he is doing a retrofit.

Back