SAAQ inspection problems

Kart72

Legacy Member
So this morning I went to have my RX7 inspected at mecamobile. Car passed all portions of the inspection except they said because I have aftermarket suspension I need to come back for a modified vehicle inspection which takes about 2 hours and the information (photos, etc.) will be send to engineers who will decided if it is acceptable. Now my car is by no means extreme it is lowered less than an inch from stock ride height and the toe, camber caster is all within factory specs. I find this incredibly annoying as on the pdf linked below it clearly states that coil overs are allowed. Has anyone else had issues with having coil overs at the time of a vehicle inspection?

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publications/dossiers_speciaux/modifying_driving.pdf

You should have went with the coil overs at stock height. And yes your allowed without a modified inspection category. You got yourself an inspection guy/place who doesn't know or care.

The funny thing about this is the car has a LS2 V8 which they say is no problem at all but be cause I don't have the original suspension I have to have the car inspected by a group of engineers??!!? And even if the ride height is stock they say it is no good because it is coil over. I sold my stock suspension as it clearly states on the SAAQ website that installation of coil overs is allowed. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from??

The funny thing about this is the car has a LS2 V8 which they say is no problem at all but be cause I don't have the original suspension I have to have the car inspected by a group of engineers??!!? And even if the ride height is stock they say it is no good because it is coil over. I sold my stock suspension as it clearly states on the SAAQ website that installation of coil overs is allowed. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from??
Did you go to the saaq and put that document of theirs in front of them? I fortunately haven't experienced this.....................yet!!!!

I spoke to the SAAQ on the phone and they said they are not sure why they would ask for this additional work. They said that they could not call the garage and discuss with them. So really not sure of exactly what my next move should be??? I really hate to have to pay for this 2 hour inspection and then wait 2 weeks (according to them) while these SAAQ engineers?? asses the photos provided by mecamobile, then give a thumbs up or a thumbs down on the work.

I guess I should be happy they are concerned about the suspension setup on my car to ensure I can safely drive on the roads which are terribly maintained and pose far more of a risk to my safety than my non OEM suspension.

You guys know of any other inspection locations that are a little more lenient with cars that have coil overs

Back