Windshield replacement. Who do you use?

drift.mechanic

My track car build is essentially finished with minor work left.

One of the last items is a windshield. To install the cage and gusset the A pillars, we removed the windshield for better access with the welder.

Following more series rules, the front windshield must remain glass multi layer unit, as equipped from the factory. The rest may be lexan or laminated plexi.

Lebeau ripped me off pretty hard a few years ago, so that left a sour taste in my mouth. There is DPB that I've never tried and about 70 guys on Kijiji. A friend of mine used someone he found on Kijiji to replace his Saturn SL1 unit, and it's problem free 2 years later.

Who have you used for a windshield replacement? Good or bad?

It's worth mentioning that this is a street registered race car. I prefer not driving it on the road, but as it has no glass right now, I cannot move it until one is installed, so the person/company must be mobile and west of the island (Saint-Lazare).

Vehicle is a 1998 Honda Civic coupe. I do not care if the top has the coloured sunshade or not, but must include a seal.

Cheers and thanks for the help!

That's actually pretty good thre. A while back, I got rid of my parents car, looked at a decent safe VOLVO, with a cracked winshield, they wanted 800$ for the damn windshield.

200$ if you go to them
253 if they come at your house

http://pare-brise.ca/pare-brise-montreal.aspx

Je me suis rendu à mon rdv avec eux il y a 3 semaines. Après 15 minutes de niaisage, il me dit que ma vitre avait un défaut et qu'ils ont du la retourner... Pourquoi tu m'as pas appelé au lieu de me faire perdre mon temps à me pointer à mon rendez-vous?

Par la suite, le gars me dit de l'appeler le lendemain, qu'il va venir faire le remplacement à mon domicile. Il n'a jamais répondu à mes appels et ne m'a jamais rappelé même si je lui ai laissé un message sur son cell.

Succursale de Repentigny btw...

PH is the biggest glass supplier in Quebec. They always did great work for us. Don't go to the chains(lebeau, dpb) they're used to raping insurance companies. There was a member here that did windshields I believe.

Last edited:
Je me suis rendu à mon rdv avec eux il y a 3 semaines. Après 15 minutes de niaisage, il me dit que ma vitre avait un défaut et qu'ils ont du la retourner... Pourquoi tu m'as pas appelé au lieu de me faire perdre mon temps à me pointer à mon rendez-vous?

Par la suite, le gars me dit de l'appeler le lendemain, qu'il va venir faire le remplacement à mon domicile. Il n'a jamais répondu à mes appels et ne m'a jamais rappelé même si je lui ai laissé un message sur son cell.

Succursale de Repentigny btw...

ha c'est dommage,
Moi le service a ete excellent, il est venu chez nous a bien fait la job.

Thank you to everyone who chimed in with their recommendations, I appreciate it.

Merci a tous et chacun d'avoir offert vos suggestions.

I called around and was given similar pricing:

- Lebeau, Duro, DPB = 425$ plus tax, installed.
- PH, VT = 375$ plus tax, installed
- Random guy from Kijiji "Gino", 220$ installed, tax in (514-871-6402, workmanship guaranteed for life, parts 1 year).

HUGE differences in prices. Obviously a crazy ripoff from the giants. It's a damn shame too, a friend says was making me a deal, charging 420$ plus tax... Awesome deal...

Since it's a track car and money talks, I'm going to give this Gino guy a call and see what he's like. I'll let you know once it's installed.

Too bad there are no members here installing them anymore.

That Gino guy is a piece of shit. He's screwed up almost every single car and his warranty is useless or will just blame you. Worst part is that he's our neighbour

I sent him my sisters car figuring he is a few doors down. When I got the car back there were massive scratches down the A pillars and he used duct tape to hold the rubber in place. When I removed the tape it peeled all the paint off. I went back nicely and asked he just refund me the 220$. He told me to fuck off and threw my phone back at with after looking over the photos.

He did a window in an E46 M3 and broke the review mirror, the wipers and tried to blame us. My friend lost his shit on him. He did end up paying for some of the damage.

Tried to warranty a moulding and he told us to gtfo its our fault that it came loose. Too much time in the sun.

The garage across the street from us sent him a Nissan Sentra and they only glued the window half way in.. Thus it popped out.

He also always comes over asking to borrow tools and never returns them. The guy is a piece of shit and a fucking gypsy.

I only deal with VirteTech and couldn't be any happier

That Gino guy is a piece of shit. He's screwed up almost every single car and his warranty is useless or will just blame you. Worst part is that he's our neighbour

I sent him my sisters car figuring he is a few doors down. When I got the car back there were massive scratches down the A pillars and he used duct tape to hold the rubber in place. When I removed the tape it peeled all the paint off. I went back nicely and asked he just refund me the 220$. He told me to fuck off and threw my phone back at with after looking over the photos.

He did a window in an E46 M3 and broke the review mirror, the wipers and tried to blame us. My friend lost his shit on him. He did end up paying for some of the damage.

Tried to warranty a moulding and he told us to gtfo its our fault that it came loose. Too much time in the sun.

The garage across the street from us sent him a Nissan Sentra and they only glued the window half way in.. Thus it popped out.

He also always comes over asking to borrow tools and never returns them. The guy is a piece of shit and a fucking gypsy.

I only deal with VirteTech and couldn't be any happier

Well that's an eye opener... Cheers for sharing the experiences though

Back