Votes: 16 50.0%
  • MAYBE

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • DODGE DART

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters

Stirl_ae86

Legacy Member
I had a disagreement with a friend. Simple question; is this an M5?

m5.jpg

hahaha pas juste pour ça, j'ai réalisé que la 4door M3 a les memes fenêtres arrière alors jtais dans le champ pas à peu près ahahah

Y'a pas le choix d'avoir des fenetre 2 piece en arriere, sinon elles pourraient pas descendre dans la porte, le petit boute de fenetre arriverais dans le tire. La 2door a une fenetre 1 piece paske elle est fixe. Ça a pas rapport avec le modele ou que ce soit une vrai M5 ou pas.

I can't say a definitive yes or no, without seeing more pics, but the car does have a lot of M5 bits. If it's not a real M5 the owner went through a lot of $$$ and trouble for to get/install those parts.

M5 bits spotted:
- quad exhaust/m5 rear bumper
- back up sensors
- rounder door mirrors
- cant get a clear view of the front brakes, but the rear discs look like they have a fairly large diameter

Missing M5 bits:
- aftermarket spoiler
- aftermarket sideskirts

If I had to put money on it, I'd say it's an M5.

Nop not an M5.

The side mirrors fixtures are normally color matched not black, the exhaust fitment looks awkward and tips looks too small.

And M5 owners don't add rice stuff like those side skirts lol

Nop not an M5.

The side mirrors fixtures are normally color matched not black, the exhaust fitment looks awkward and tips looks too small.

This
+
not sure if its the bad picture but its missing the little M5 badge on the door molding.

why not just look under the car and see if the aluminum diff cover has cooling fins? The calipers will also be stamped ///M on the exterior.

Something looks off with the rear exhaust, the cut outs look way too big on the bumper and the tips are too square. Great potato quality pic!

Nop not an M5.

This
+
not sure if its the bad picture but its missing the little M5 badge on the door molding.

Exactly my thoughts. My friend sent me this pic and right away I said it's not an M5...he said it was. The exhaust was the first clue. The clincher for me as the missing M5 emblem on the door trim... plus the horrible spoiler and skirt would be just wrong on an M5.

Jason_Tang_close-up.JPG

Random picture from google... You can notice a bit of exhaust gap as well on this car however, maybe its the angle of the picture, but the spoiler on the stock M5 doesnt seem to do an overhang wrap around like the op picture and the fit and finish of the spoiler seems to be better, op picture m5 looks almost bolted on and not flush
M5_E39_rear.JPG

i say not a real M5

Lots of good points. Honestly the only way to know is more pics.

True the exhaust look off, but these cars aren't new anymore, it could just be a crappy Federal muffler job, and the missing badge could be a resprayed door and body shop/owner didn't notice or care to order/replace it.

Don't forget these cars are 15 years old, some of them have high mileage, and are cheap enough for idiots with low budgets to buy them and do stupid mods.

Hard to tell with potato pic. I

Lots of good points. Honestly the only way to know is more pics.

True the exhaust look off, but these cars aren't new anymore, it could just be a crappy Federal muffler job, and the missing badge could be a resprayed door and body shop/owner didn't notice or care to order/replace it.

Don't forget these cars are 15 years old, some of them have high mileage, and are cheap enough for idiots with low budgets to buy them and do stupid mods.

Hard to tell with potato pic. I

I sorta agree but it seems the idiots stay away from E39 M5s, I am seeing more and more on the road, owners are keeping them OEM+. As for exhaust you just need to remove the rear resonator to uncork it, the OEM mufflers are surprisingly good. Off topic but the exhaust on those cars is 1 piece from the exhaust manifolds back and weighs like 200lbs!

I just noticed that "spoiler" and it's not like that from the factory. It's very easy to turn a 540i into an M5 from a looks stand point... As I mentioned you need to actually look under the car to be sure.

Nop not an M5.

Exactement, les sides skirts et le spoiler ne sont pas d'origine. Pourquoi remplacer du OEM par des pièces aftermarket presque identiques??

Back