Issue with computer, it won't boot!

Hard drives and motherboards rarely fail unless you actually physically hit them or short them.

I would be more concerned about your power supply

If it crashes randomly, 90% sure its your PSU. If you can get further sometimes, and sometimes you can't, it's definitely NOT a software issue. It's a sign of a failing PSU.

omg are you brain dead??

You didn't even type the command correctly

he did type it correctly because his hard drive was scanned. An "s" was added to /scannow after the scan was complete. Do you even computers?

If your hard drive was close to failing you would have a SMART drive imminent failure message at the POST when you are booting up. (Power on Self Test)

something looking like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Hard drives and motherboards rarely fail unless you actually physically hit them or short them.

I would be more concerned about your power supply

If it crashes randomly, 90% sure its your PSU. If you can get further sometimes, and sometimes you can't, it's definitely NOT a software issue. It's a sign of a failing PSU.

I hope you're trolling.

Take out the hard disk and connect to your other computer. Transfer all your films. Then put back hard disk in computer. Start in safe mode . Try a system restore. If you never made a back up before. Start learning. I got tired of trying to troubleshoot other peoples computer because they installed some bullshit stuff, and then they beg me to look at it. Now i tell them to make sure their personal stuff is on a separate partition or external, because i will just restore their computer. Less time wasted.

Seatools LOL hey guys svp arretez ca tout suite

kthx

ps: meme Seagate ne demande plus la confirmation d'erreur de leur Seamarde pour leur retourner un disque.

I have 2 HD in there...one with all my movies and music and one with mainly nothing on it.
Rice rocket, i cant boot it...how can i check the seagate tool thing?

Seatools LOL hey guys svp arretez ca tout suite

kthx

ps: meme Seagate ne demande plus la confirmation d'erreur de leur Seamarde pour leur retourner un disque.

ca fait ben la job pour detecter si tu as des erreurs. Et ca peux les reparer dans certains cas. c'est sur que si tu fais juste le short scan ca vaut rien. Par mon expérience dans des rares cas le disque va passer même s'il est defect. Mais après avoir passer ça sur des centaine d'ordi je peux dire que c'est fiable.

A place de basher Seatools, ton commentaire pourrait être au minimum constructif en recommandant quelque chose d'autre...

Rice rocket, i was able to boot it in safe mode, how do i get to that seatools?

http://www.seagate.com/ca/en/support/downloads/seatools/

there's seatools for Dos, with that you can boot from a thumb drive or disc which I think is best or seatools for windows, easier to install while in safe mode.

run the long test. If both of them pass then it's safe to say the hdds are fine.

if it passes, then burn memtest86+ to a disc and boot from it. run 1-2 passes to be sure your ram is OK

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Back