House hunting

I just bought 1 week ago in laprarie and ive lived in candiac since 2000. I work on nuns island. Commute from candiac and laprarie to nuns island is anywhere between 15-30min depending on traffic. 45 on the worse days which maybe happens 3 times a year.

My budget was 550k and I was looking at Candiac and Laprarie. Candiac is the nicer city hands down, but the nicer section of laprarie is also very nice and comparable to Candiac. That's where I purchased. Delson, st-constant, and saint-catherine have 0 prestige, the citys are not nice, and I find it's absolutely terrible to get around seeing as you need to drive 15 min through small streets to get to the main 132 and then its 15-20min to get anywhere else...very poorly planned cities.

In you're budget, I would look at Candiac and La Prairie for the south shore...nothing else

I just bought 1 week ago in laprarie and ive lived in candiac since 2000. I work on nuns island. Commute from candiac and laprarie to nuns island is anywhere between 15-30min depending on traffic. 45 on the worse days which maybe happens 3 times a year.

My budget was 550k and I was looking at Candiac and Laprarie. Candiac is the nicer city hands down, but the nicer section of laprarie is also very nice and comparable to Candiac. That's where I purchased. Delson, st-constant, and saint-catherine have 0 prestige, the citys are not nice, and I find it's absolutely terrible to get around seeing as you need to drive 15 min through small streets to get to the main 132 and then its 15-20min to get anywhere else...very poorly planned cities.

In you're budget, I would look at Candiac and La Prairie for the south shore...nothing else

Where do you work?

J'habite à Chambly depuis 6 ans et j'aime vraiment cette ville. Les nouveaux secteurs ressemble beaucoup à Candiac.

Le traffic pour aller Mtl par le pont Champlain est souvent très long (surtout depuis les travaux du pont Mercier) souvent le traffic commence au viaduc CN ou à la 30

lol we're colleagues!

Muh7YYP.jpg

Why not Verdun? There's a few houses on the nice side of the borough that could use some love. Might not be for you if you love homogeneity though.

Anybody here lives in candiac? How bad is the traffic?

talk to me bro
Well forget commuting over the bridges...(either one of them) I know lots of people park their cars at the bus terminals (Candiac Stationnement or Brossard AutoPark) and just take the buses (they have dedicated lines so crossing the bridge is not bad), either way you`re looking at a 30 min- 45 min commute.

Depending on where you look you can find anything from 200k to 5M and up in Candiac.
The up and coming area is C and D section on the south side of the 132.. the north (old candiac) well it`s older.
also make sure not to buy anything near that water filtration facility, it stinks around there.

Back