House hunting

RamiK

Hey guys, I need suggestions on where to buy my house. Budget is 500k max, my current mandate (consultant) is on nuns island but my next gig will probably be downtown. I was thinking Candiac and I dont like brossard.

Candiac or Chambly/Carignan. You will get stuck in traffic big time in both cities anyways. If your plan is to take public transit, check out Saint-Constant.

There is a promoter building on Grand-allee on the other side of the hwy 30. Into the frams toward the pine grove golf.
There are 11 units, single family houses. 299k and up for the house. Land is about 120k I think.

Candiac or Chambly/Carignan. You will get stuck in traffic big time in both cities anyways. If your plan is to take public transit, check out Saint-Constant.

There is a promoter building on Grand-allee on the other side of the hwy 30. Into the frams toward the pine grove golf.
There are 11 units, single family houses. 299k and up for the house. Land is about 120k I think.

I did check st-constant. I just dont like the area, theres not much. How bad is the traffic really from candiac? I've google mapped everyday to downtown and it takes less time than where I live now (st-leonard) by car.

Directly on nun's island? Sure you'll have a much smaller place but your commute will be minimal

Hey guys, I need suggestions on where to buy my house. Budget is 500k max, my current mandate (consultant) is on nuns island but my next gig will probably be downtown. I was thinking Candiac and I dont like brossard.

tumblr_inline_noa39wJo2z1s45de4_540.jpg

I wouldn't recommend saint-constant if your driving... The mercier is a shit fest lol. Saint hubert. Saint Lambert would be a good idea... your close to both victoria and jacque cartier bridges... and metro longeuil is 1-2 buses away if your a public transport guy, which i doubt you are lol.

Directly on nun's island? Sure you'll have a much smaller place but your commute will be minimal

Something I dont like about nuns island either. I cant point it out exactly..maybe its just verdun in my head

Anybody here lives in candiac? How bad is the traffic?

Can't tell you about the traffic (but there's not much on the 15 between candiac and the bridge so if you add 5-10 minutes compared to somewhere in Brossard close to the bridge, it's a safe bet) but while the neighbourhood is very nice, properties are overpriced for that reason. You really pay for being able to say you live in Candiac. Delson is next door and you'll probably save 10-20% just because of the name. Same for St-Phillipe.

500K can also get you in Lasalle in a decent place.

Can't tell you about the traffic (but there's not much on the 15 between candiac and the bridge so if you add 5-10 minutes compared to somewhere in Brossard close to the bridge, it's a safe bet) but while the neighbourhood is very nice, properties are overpriced for that reason. You really pay for being able to say you live in Candiac. Delson is next door and you'll probably save 10-20% just because of the name. Same for St-Phillipe.

500K can also get you in Lasalle in a decent place.

I like how candiac houses are uniform but I get what you mean. Im just fed up of montreal, been on the island all my life. Too much social class discrepancy and it shows.

Download waze app, open it tomorrow morning, check live traffic for candiac, see by yourself.

You can also use google maps and select the time you leave and check all day of the week.

I live in St constant, 35mins and I'm downtown with the train. You should check it out ramik, there's buses going to nuns islands aswell. Candiac traffic well the 15 is jammed for champlain every morning.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Anybody here lives in candiac? How bad is the traffic?
I lived in nuns island for 12.5 years and honestly you don't really need to get out of the island for most of the things. It is really close and good acces to mtl dtown. If you have the budget, buy something there. 5years ago you could get a 3 1/2 for 280k. A ' reasonable ' size town house is around 400k and up.

Look at the houses on : rue de la noue and rue Berlioz near the lafontaine park.

The houses around lafontaine park are/will drop prices when the elementary school is finished. If you don't mind that you can get a sweet-ass home.

As for candiac, i have a good size townhouse with a nice yard for 220k. Only drawback is that the 132 is litteraly my backyard. I don't mind the noise. As for traffic, I spend 10-15min at most to get on the Champlain bridge. Depending of the traffic it can take from 15 to 30min to reach metro square Victoria.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I did check st-constant. I just dont like the area, theres not much. How bad is the traffic really from candiac? I've google mapped everyday to downtown and it takes less time than where I live now (st-leonard) by car.
Yeah, saint-leonard is not well situated to go downtown. If you lived more around cremazie, it would take you 20mins to drive down saint-laurent to reach downtown.

Traffic is not that bad if you live close to the bridge. Candiac/Laprairie are not bad, but they start to be expensive for what you can buy. Same for saint-hubert/saint-lambert.

The only problem I have is the 30 to get in and out of Candiac/Delson/saint-constant area. But you can detour from the 132 which is not all that bad.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks guy. My choice is on candiac for now. With 3 boys, I went to check the houses in the D section and can't ask for better.

Back