2012 C250 Brake pad warning light

friedfood

Hi,

I have a 2012 C250 and my lease is up in 2 months. I brought in into a garage (not MB) for service. The mechanic showed me my front discs and pads are finished and my brake fluid was really low. The car only has 40k km on it. He asked me if the warning light ever came on and I said no, the brake wear light never came on. I called MB to make an appointment to check the light and see what they can do for me regarding changing them under warranty. Do you think I can at least claim the discs under warranty if the warning light never came on? I never even heard them squeak or really felt any problems with the braking, unless it was so gradual I got used to it.

This is so strange as my previous car was a 2008 Jetta and I never needed to change my brakes after 4 years/60k km and they were fine, and same with my 2005 Mini S after 3yrs/50k km.

Brakes and warranty in same sentence is not something you can say

You can say what you want(never heard them, not making any noise) but in the end, they are done and it's not something covered under warranty same as the clutch, tires and other "consumable" parts.

If you want a new MB after your lease is over you could ask them to rent you another one right away and "buy back" your 2 months lease.

The brakes were under warranty for 2 yrs. My point was the wear indicator never told me my pads needed replacing. I have no problem paying for pads. It's the discs that now need replacing because of the wear. If the light worked I wouldn't have had to replace the discs.

I am not getting another MB.

Normal wear and tear item.... Was the pad warning sensor not install in the pad? When it gets tripped the dash lights up like an Xmas tree and yes those care are a tad heavy on brakes. Trust me you can't get away with just pads on those cars, the pads/ discs always need to be changed as a set.

I don't know about the sensors. The brakes haven't been touched since I got the car, I assumed they were there and working. It was a new car when I took it. I've been leasing cars for awhile and this is the first time since 2002 I had to buy brakes for a lease. If I have to do it, no problem. I just thought the sensors were supposed to tell you when the pads needed changing so you didn't have to to do the discs also.

In case anyone cares, the dealer worked it out. The sensor was not working properly. I did not pay for discs, only pads.

Back