911 Kramer

HNNNNNNG brb, buying a slantnose since its as close as il ever get to driving on of these....

61419_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

Edit: brb buying a beetle since its as close as il come to owning a porsche.

Last edited:
i wish i was born in the 70's so i could witness such awesomeness on a daily basis

On a daily basis? I was born in the 70s and I never, ever saw one of those until the Glen's Zippo Grand-Prix in the early 2000s...

But you are lucky, you were born in the 90's, so you get to see M3 GTRs and SLS GT3s on a daily basis, so it all balances out, you know?

I hate slantnose porsches.

I always loved them lol. Pop-up headlights were an essential part of any 80's vehicle. And the slant nose resembles the 935 race cars. Thankfully enough people agree with you to lower the price (kinda-ish) of the slant nose so they are slightly more affordable than normal 930s lol.

Are these cars still air cooled? Because it blows my mind that an air cooled engine can make ~800hp

Yep pretty sure they are air cooled.

I was 90% sure 800 bhp was overly generous then I did some research and found this...

Skip to 1:55
970bhp from an air cooled engine flat 6.....

ca m'a toujours impressionné la puissance qu'il réussissent a extraire de ces moteurs, on s'entend que sur papier un moteur aircooled placé a l'arrière de l'auto ou ya peu d'air, avec des turbo qui lui chauffent le cul et des cylindres a plat avec une lubrification et retour d'huile loin d'être optimal c'est pas trop winner...Eddy Bello a quand même réussi a faire 1200hp ya 20 ans et il roule encore.

cool video !

I always liked the 935, because it was basically a prototype but still (loosely) based on a production car. Impressive how safety standards have evolved, they had fiberglass seats with a BOLT IN aluminium roll cage. ALUMINIUM haha.

An old guy I work with used to work for the factory Porsche team in the late 70's and early 80's in the US and Europe. He told me the rear half shafts on 935's were titanium and they had u-joints, yet they still had to limit the power because it was the weak point in the drivetrain. Full power was not used for complete endurance races, only for qualifying and overtaking.

Apparently, there's a manual boost controller knob on the dash, and when it was wound up all the way the boost gauge would go out of range and do a full turn more before settling... Of course it was very thirsty for fuel, on full power fuel consumption was close to 150 litres per hour, depending on the track, that would work out to around 100litres / 100km

Back