e90 330i value

mecbain

Hello,

I was just wondering what you guys would suggest my car is worth based on the short description and 1 pic where you can't see much lol...? In theory I would like to give it in exchange to the dealer when buying a new car, but on the other hand, this car was well maintained and taken care off, and getting something ridiculos from the dealer is such a waste...

Btw the description is in french:

BMW 330i 2006 182 000km auto
Entretenu chez VAG Motorsport à Laval, factures d'entretien à l'appuie, propriétaire depuis 3 ans ½.

Changé
- pompe à eau
- batterie
- suspension (shocks bilsten b4 neufs et springs bmw sport model)
- pneus d'été bridgestone potenza neufs
- freins avant/arrière (disques/pads) (zimmerman/hps) + huile frein
- gaskets (valve cover, oil housing, driving shaft + huile differential)
- ignition coils + bougies
- control arm avant + bushings control arms arriere
- maintenance a jour, (par exemple filtres d’air moteur/cabine/bougies/huille/etc..)
- etc... surement d’autres affaires que je ne me souviens pas

Autres
- changements d'huile rigoureux au 7000km avec castrol syntec fait pour bmw
- système d'alarme viper
- set de mags/pneus d'été 18’’ et d'hivers original 17’’
- tablette OFT (outil ODB2 600$, pour lire codes d'erreurs, resetter les adaptations, faire du tunning, elle a un custom tune maitenant et j'ai le tune qui venait avec la tablette aussi de disponible ou si non le stock)
- etc...

Négatif
- le projecteur côté conducteur ne tourne plus lorsqu'on tourne le volant, il y a donc un avertissement d'affiché dans le dashboard.
- serrure cote chauffeur (pas eu besoin de l’utiliser durant les 3 ½ j’ai eu le char, considerant t’as 2 telecommandes, celle pour partir l’auto qui ouvre les portes aussi plus celle du système d’alarme).

L’auto vas vraiment bien, c’est tres agreable a chauffer, c’est smooth, ca tient bien la route, ca accelere/freine bien, vraiment une belle auto. Ceci etant dit elle a 9 ans, donc est pas neuve non plus, elle parait bien mais le body nest pas parfait.

pic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/datk9zp1xcxr8l5/2015-06-14 12.09.17.jpg?dl=0

I am a big fan of your car but it is an oddball as you know...

It was 06 only which is first year E90, it is the older motor (that I like) , it is better then the 325 motor but no 335.

It is also RWD which I like but again most people don't.

It is automatic so not really an enthusiast car...

But it sounds clean so ask what you are comfortable with, and the first offer is usually the best offer!

You need someone that wants the most out of the E90 without going turbo. I have an E90 too and I have a couple of items to fix, but other than that I would consider it pretty clean. 99.99% no rust and anything that I did spot, I quickly got rid of the rust. I think it's hard to get $10K+ now since 328's 09's could be found around that price. If I were to buy one today... I'd look around the $9K range for these cars. I wouldn't over pay for a super clean car (you never know) like I did because scrapes, dings and potholes just happen...

Other things I noticed when shopping...
Lots of Xi for sale and not many I's, so you can sort of hold your price. I paid more for my 330i than a similar 330xi just because... (but now I wish I had Xi)
A lot are automatics (Not for the true enthusiast, but someone looking for a powerful car in automatic with a fun steptronic mode would enjoy this feature, like myself)

Thanks guys, that was what I was thinking too around 9k$ if I`m willing to wait for the right buyer 8k$ if I want to sell it fast and 7k$ if I want to get rid of it tomorrow. Dealers offered me a ridiculous offer (from my perspective of course) combined with the fact that I really didn`t like how more economical newer cars drove(corolla s/golf 1.8/jetta 1.8(actually this one drove ok, just looks outdate)/gonna try others obviously, I`m starting to hesitate to sell it.... might just keep it, pay what it take to maintain it and shudup about it, as driving other cars I realized how well mine drives even for 9 years old 182 000km... and how lucky I am to be able to own such a cool car.

EDIT: not sure if it's me that's just not "here" mentally today, but I can't seem to edit my first post, anyhow not important but just a note as I was asked about it the projector that doesn't turn anymore is the passanger side not driver.

Last edited:
Back