ASE Lapping Club - 17 août 2015 - Soirée de lapping des lundi soirs

BLAAK_ITR

Il reste quasiment 2 mois! :cry:

La thérapie a été fructueuse pour plusieurs... sont-ils guéris?:dunno:

En tout cas, notre thérapie de groupe sera encore disponible jusqu'à la fin de la session.:p

Félicitations à tous les Rouges qui ont montés au niveau des Jaunes et les Jaunes qui ont fait le saut aux Verts.:clap:

Pour les restants des Rouges, il vous reste amplement de temps d'atteindre les Jaunes. De ce que j'ai pu constater, il va en avoir une bonne gang d'ici 2 semaines! Surtout ne lâchez pas! :bigup:

L'accès est possible dès 16h00 et on commence dès 17h00 avec les Jaunes.

On se voit lundi. :cya:

Bon faut je prenne plus que une seul session par soir car ce n'est pas assez... Pis avec le temps qui passe vite faut j'en fasse plus avant l'hiver !!

Surtout que les soirées racourcissent ! Est-ce qu'il y a des sessions mixtes en fin de saison ?

Surtout que les soirées racourcissent ! Est-ce qu'il y a des sessions mixtes en fin de saison ?

On y va habituellement au cas par cas. Si une session jaune nous semble un peu vide, on ouvre habituellement aux verts et vice-versa (si une session verte nous semble un peu vide, on ouvre aux jaunes).

C'est vrai que les chances que ça arrive en fin de saison sont plus élevées, mais on y va vraiment selon la participation aux différentes sessions.

Belle soirée ! Chaude unpeu... Eu besoin de ralentir quelque tour pour donner une chance au moteur... Aurais aimer faire une session de plus mais jsuis arriver trop tard

Belle soirée ! Chaude unpeu... Eu besoin de ralentir quelque tour pour donner une chance au moteur... Aurais aimer faire une session de plus mais jsuis arriver trop tard

Sans offense mais quand tu ralentis, fais-nous signe de passer ! Je t'ai suivi plusieurs tours de très près et j'étais toujours dans le doute, alors je restais derrière...

Très belle soirée en effet, très chaude, pas évident avec des pneus de m*rde !!!

Cetais avant quand tu soit la... Je fesais juste short shifter... Le dernier tours j'étais sur le points de ralentir pour te laisser passer pcq sa fesais une couple de tours tu étais la... Tk prochaine fois tu viendras men parler en personne...

Il y a toujours la ligne des puits aussi pour quand on est pris derrière quelqu'un, ne l'oubliez pas ;)

Cetais avant quand tu soit la... Je fesais juste short shifter... Le dernier tours j'étais sur le points de ralentir pour te laisser passer pcq sa fesais une couple de tours tu étais la... Tk prochaine fois tu viendras men parler en personne...

Si ça faisait une couple de tours qu'il était la, t'attendais quoi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok vous autres vous laissez passez absolument chaque char qui arrive automatiquement dans votre cul sans même le laisser essayez de vous dépasser même si le gars a 100hp pis 120lbs/ft de plus que toi pour le même poids... Moi personnellement je laisse tracailler unpeu le gars... Pcq moi quand jarrive dans le cul d'un gars y me laisse jamais passer au premier tour... Quand qui en as un qui est vraiment dans mon cul de proche pis qui mais de la pression normalement jle laisse essayez 1 tours Thats it... Jtrouve sa fair... Ashmeu les autres lundi c'est sa je tes fais... Mais lundi cette semaine pebdant 2-3 tours tu te rapprochais mais Tetais pas dans mon cul... Rendu au dernier tours plus oui et c'est pour sa jte dit je t'aurais laisser passer le dernier tours

Just my opinion,
We are doing what is called "Lapping", not the same as "Racing".

If a guy catches up to you from half way around the track it means that he is turning faster lap times than you are even if you have more power or acceleration.
Best course of action is a polite and courteous lift in an approved passing zone, that way you don't lose much time and you don't hold up and frustrate the faster driver.

Example: when I see Maxo coming up in the distance (he runs about 3 to 4 seconds faster than I do) I make sure that when he catches up to me he doesn't have to slow down to get by me, just common courtesy.

J.S. usually give me a couteous lift, some others don't share the same philosophy.

We are all a bunch of track addicts out to have fun on Monday nights.

Just my opinion,

If a guy catches up to you from half way around the track it means that he is turning faster lap times than you are even if you have more power or acceleration. Best course of action is a polite and courteous lift in an approved passing zone, that way you don't lose much time and you don't hold up and frustrate the faster driver...

Proper mentality right there. This is what I pass on to new participants whether at ASELC or ICAR. There will allways be someone driving up to you, who is faster than you, and even with an "inferior" car in some cases. Put your pride in your back pocket, and let them by you. Then do your best to follow them, and determine why they are faster. After your session, go and talk to them. They might even exchange a few tips with you if your approach is courteous...

We are lucky to have this playground, so let's all keep it safe and enjoyable for everyone! *tu*

xrs03 said:
Just my opinion,

If a guy catches up to you from half way around the track it means that he is turning faster lap times than you are even if you have more power or acceleration. Best course of action is a polite and courteous lift in an approved passing zone, that way you don't lose much time and you don't hold up and frustrate the faster driver...

Let's be careful here. Remember that the passing manoeuvre is 100% the passing car's responsibility. A courtesy lift is just that: courtesy. It is well appreciated, although not mandatory. Passing is something the passing car should prepare and should not improvise.

If a slower car is in front of you and does not seem to let you by in the passing zones, you have 3 options:
1. Try to re-evaluate the way you are trying to pass.
2. Stay behind, lay back and wait. It's not a race after all.
3. Pit in, let half the field go by, get back on the track.

Things can quickly become a problem if you are over-adjusting because a car is behind you. It is usually safer to keep on doing the exact same thing every lap and let the passer handle the passing. If it takes 2-3 laps, so what? Last time I checked, no one is ever in the stands recruiting for a spot in Formula 1.

Keep in mind that if HP seems to be lacking for the passing car to complete the pass and the car being passed is drag racing side by side to the braking zone in a yellow session, he is being a jerk.

Let's be careful here. Remember that the passing manoeuvre is 100% the passing car's responsibility. A courtesy lift is just that: courtesy. It is well appreciated, although not mandatory. Passing is something the passing car should prepare and should not improvise.

Only place I know which has this policy is the ASELC. I know of two other tracks which use the "point-by", so the car beeing passed has this responsibility. Im not saying that one is worst than the other through. At Tremblant for example, Ive seen drivers not give the point by, and get passed anyway. Drivers meeting did not help. Participants did not get a black flag. Not cool! Not safe!

At ICAR, the point-by is mostly respected from my limited experience in the last three years. Black flags have been given for passings in unpermitted zones, but only when the limited amount of flaggers at this larger track can actually see the unpermitted maneuvers.

Edit: So as you can see, no approaches are perfect, are completely respected by individuals, or are the same between run groups. When frustration builds up, it is best to calm down, come into the pits, reset your brain, and give yourself a wider gap behind slower traffic before coming back on the track, as many have written in this thread.

Last edited:
This thread took a fun turn!

There are other clubs besides ASELC that point bys are not required , depending on your level.
Viper/builtbyseb Club P group is one.
For many here on this section, this is our preferred way.
Being aware , predictable and holding your line is the way to do it.

Pit out lanes are used for both cases.
To let the slower cars / trains go by and to give the faster cars a chance to get by you !
Comes in especially useful on wet tracks when safe passing zones are limited.

For lapping : If one can't pass after intentions are made three times , use the pit lane.
Better that than having red mist issues.

Dave S

Je trouve vos réponses très intéressantes et j'en prends bonne note ! Loin de moi était l'idée de créer un "débat" avec ça. Au contraire c'est très constructif comme thread. Moi et J.S. on s'est parlé en privé et c'est bin correct !

Je tiens quand même à justifier que je n'ai vraiiiiiiiiiiiment pas ce turbo-égo que ma remarque à J.S. semblait bien laisser paraitre. Au contraire, ceux qui me connaissent bien savent très bien que je suis un gars très humble ! Je pisse pas plus loin que personne, même si j'ai un bon jet ! :laugh:

Sur ce, au plaisir de lapper lundi prochain ! :bigup:

All good comments above, and thank you.
I am new this year (Chevy Aveo Black)-please no laughing, and in Yellow after only 10 sessions in green. On Aug 10 I lifted to let by some cars, but not all cars thinking if they are not beside me by the braking zone they have to abord the pass. It happened twice (braking side by side) into the bus stop. I apologize I held back some cars after the hairpin not realizing how long the front straight was, and spoke to Antoine after because I thought it was okay to be side by side in the braking zone going into the bus stop (and someone went off track right in front of me exiting the bus stop because the car was not stable). I felt bad. Now I know the passing has to be finished before the braking zone starts.
Aug 17 was much better and I lifted to let everyone by that wanted to go. When there were 2-3 cars that wanted to pass, I pointed-by the 2nd and 3rd. Sometimes they did not all pass (maybe estimating they did not have enough time or track length). It was a much better week, and I was still able to get in some fast laps with open track in front and behind me.

Thank you once again for welcoming new people to the sport, and ASE. There is a learning curve for everyone.

Back