New 2017 Porsche Carrera / Carrera S goes turbo

Scooter

Premium
The Porsche 911 has been the world's best-selling sports car for decades. Now the new generation has arrived to further extend this lead. With innovative turbo flat engines, an advanced chassis with an even greater spread between performance and comfort and a new infotainment system it is exceedingly well-equipped for this. Thanks to more than four decades of experience with turbo engines - in both motor racing and production sports cars - the new engines in the new 911 Carrera set benchmarks in terms of performance, driving pleasure and efficiency. The rear-axle steering available as an option for the Carrera models for the first time further greatly extends the range of driving dynamics.

Many exterior features of the 911 Carrera have been visually refined: these range from new headlights with four-point daytime running lights to door handles without recess covers, a redesigned rear lid with vertical louvres and new rear lights - including the characteristic four-point brake lights. In the interior the new standard Porsche Communication Management with a multi-touch display offers a considerably expanded range of functions and greatly simplified operation.

New turbocharged engines: 20 hp power increase coupled with lower fuel consumption

The completely new engine generation with bi-turbo charging raises the emotional driving pleasure in the 911 Carrera to an even more intensive experience: 370 hp (272 kW) of power at the rear of the 911 Carrera is waiting to be unleashed and converted into sporty propulsion. The engine in the 911 Carrera S now delivers 420 hp (309 kW). In both cases this represents a power increase of 20 hp (15 kW). Both engines have a displacement of three litres. The greater power of the 911 Carrera S results from turbochargers with modified compressors, a specific exhaust system and tuned engine management.

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_03.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_04.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_06.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_05.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_07.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_08.jpg

Porsche-911_Carrera_2016_1024x768_wallpaper_0d.jpg

ironically, the new PCM system still look seasier to use versus Audi MMI, eventhoguh they have the full lcd screen tachometre bit going.

All in all looks good.

Greater efficiency I guess, always preferred N/A engines but turbocharging is where the industry is going.

Turbo lag ? I don't think :) It's not some crappy ass Skyline with a massive turbo. They probably put over 2-3 years into the engine developpment and calibration alone !

edit. agreee with Gregster, service is going to be insanely expensive ! I think mechanics soon will have to have a DEC or similar to work on cars...

Greater efficiency I guess, always preferred N/A engines but turbocharging is where the industry is going.

Turbo lag ? I don't think :) It's not some crappy ass Skyline with a massive turbo. They probably put over 2-3 years into the engine developpment and calibration alone !

edit. agreee with Gregster, service is going to be insanely expensive ! I think mechanics soon will have to have a DEC or similar to work on cars...

You already need to remove the rear bumper to change the air filters...

J ai ete tester les AMG au AMG roadtour en fds pis je peux te dire que y en a du lag...

Le V8 6.2 etait pas mal plus bestial

Government regulations are pushing manufacturers to turbo engines, no alternatives. On paper, this new Porsche looks impressive when you factor in the fuel mileage.

However, I agree with Gregster, maintenance costs will escalate. Looks like leasing is the way to go, get a 4S, drive it year round in the snow/salt, and give it back. Let someone else deal with the issues...

Government regulations are pushing manufacturers to turbo engines, no alternatives. On paper, this new Porsche looks impressive when you factor in the fuel mileage.

However, I agree with Gregster, maintenance costs will escalate. Looks like leasing is the way to go, get a 4S, drive it year round in the snow/salt, and give it back. Let someone else deal with the issues...

Avoir une 4S elle roulerait a l annee.

C est l hiver que tu peux vraiment apprecier le awd. Pis une 911 ca se daily bien.

Pis c est pas comme si une 4S c était bien rare... Dans le sens impensable de la rouler l hiver car c est collector car.

Malgré qu elle est roulée l hiver... En la vendant moins chère c est sur que qq1 va la racheter...

Last edited:
Avoir une 4S elle roulerait a l annee.

C est l hiver que tu peux vraiment apprecier le awd. Pis une 911 ca se daily bien.

I agree with you 100%. It is the best sportscar for our weather, the 4S hits all the marks. Powerful, great handling, superb balance, German quality build, comfortable on our roads for a sportscar. I am sold...

The air cooled 911's are awesome but they do come with their inconveniences. The 997 is the perfect 911, still has some of the old stuff but modern. Not sure about the 991...

Le jour que je vais rouler mon jouet a l annee je vais hesiter entre une R8 et une 4S. ;)

Not an easy choice. The R8 is the best Audi, and it still looks great after all the years. It is also more rare and excusive vs. the 4S however the 4S does have more practicality...

got lucky and caught some guy joyriding his 2015 Porsche GT3 on St-Charles in Pierrefonds/Kirkland. INSANE sound.

Back