Royal Flush's latest whip... 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX

RoYaL FLuSH

Hey everyone... I'm back from the dead once again. It's been quite a while since I've been active on the boards as I've been without a project car for a few years now. Some of the OG members may remember me, in particular maybe the Nissan S-Chassis guys, or maybe some of the Mazda guys. Anyways, My family was in need of a second car so I decided to pick up something that was both sporty and practical... A Plasma Blue 2011 Subaru WRX...

The day I took delivery of her:

How she looks presently:

That purple s14 was the best looking car You ever had.

And yeah MR Is pretty anti-suby now. Since That preludeawsi? Episode.

Also, welcome back!

Wow, I just read that prelueawsi article and thread. Freaking crazy! But seems to me like this is an extreme case and most problems came from that second dealer being incompetent (advisor, technician, and service manager). I myself have had really good experience with warranty work at Subaru Des Sources so far... Although im a technician at Mazda and know how to explain the customer concern and even brought videos. I also happen have a hook up on the inside with one of the senior technicians so maybe they took special care of me.

As for mods... I really wanna stiffen the suspension on this marshmallow bitch... And some new tires and an alingment are needed soon too. Other than that I just wanna drive it and take it to the track every now and then.

Wow, I just read that prelueawsi article and thread. Freaking crazy! But seems to me like this is an extreme case and most problems came from that second dealer being incompetent (advisor, technician, and service manager). I myself have had really good experience with warranty work at Subaru Des Sources so far... Although im a technician at Mazda and know how to explain the customer concern and even brought videos. I also happen have a hook up on the inside with one of the senior technicians so maybe they took special care of me.

As for mods... I really wanna stiffen the suspension on this marshmallow bitch... And some new tires and an alingment are needed soon too. Other than that I just wanna drive it and take it to the track every now and then.

J'ai eu des problèmes semblable que preludeawsi avec ma Impreza et j'ai changé de voiture avant la fin de mon terme à cause que je n'étais tout simplement pu capable de l'utiliser...

Mais, j'aime toujours la marque et un jour, je vais probablement faire l'erreur d'acheter une STI sur un coup de tête.

Belle voiture et amuse toi!

Had a '10 STI for little over a year (now gone!).....it was still warranty...since I wanted to keep my warranty for obvious reason, I had to keep the modification to...nothing..(exept boost gauge even then they look at the installation and took note in their computer) and I fallow their maintenance....went 3 time for regular maintenance.....never came out under 750$ each time and in the year I had it, I was somewhat stressed by seeing oil consuption starting. I got rid of that car before the warranty was to expire.
I liked the car at first, was really happy with it, but reality set in pretty quick with those WRX/STI. If out of warranty...well engine is a ticking time bomb unfortunatly, I too know one people who had one ('11 WRX Hatch) and was the most meticulate driver and was really an euthausiast of his car, never beating on it, was really clean! One day doing to work, bang engine done....was under warranty....well because he had a catback....only a catback...he was denied warranty....he got mad and sold the car (money wasn't a problem, but principal)

Mine was an STI Sportech, put about 10000km on it. I'm not sad to have traded it for my wife '14 Ram Express! One car I oddly don't miss at all :/

DSCF0040_zps2vlxfqre.jpg

I don't know what you're smoking but subaru doesn't give a crap about catbacks. Give them a call if you want. Hello stock SPT exhaust? Also, you state your STI was under warranty and you got 3 x 750$ maintenance bills? Huh? I modded my past STI and it ran awesome for 6 full years until I sold it. The only thing that took a crap was the fuel pump basket, as it was probably shocked to death with my dropped coilovers and uberstiff sways combined with shitty roads and some track time. Oh, so some awdprelude dude had issues with his one and only impreza? That story wasn't clean from the start either. I bet some shady bullshit did not get mentionned by that OP. Who cares anyway... even if his story is legit, all brands have lemons and stealerships. No Subaru love on MR? Meh, I'll just go read one of the many threads pertaining to some nsfw boob thread or questions about laminate flooring. Srsly, MR is a joke of a car forum.

I just put it out there my experience that's all.
Yes warranty and maintenance bills. Engine flush, filters, brakes whatever the dealer needed to do
I didn't have bad luck other than 3 blown winter tire and one craked rims. Had the car for one year ishh.
As for cat back...depend on your dealer....

Not worried too much about maintenance as I work for a dealership that can provide me with proof of maintnence. My car is still on manufacturers warranty for a little while and after that I have a third party warranty for the rest of my term which my dealership also honours. The car just goes to Subaru Des Sources for warranty work. I'll do everything else myself.

I also realize that the story we all read is one sided and probably has some very important details omitted. I see difficult clients walk in the door on the regular and know how unreasonable some ppl can be. None of us will ever know the whole truth so I myself will just take it with a grain of salt. Happy with my car and like any car eventually shit will break on it... just hopefully not the engine 4 freaking times lol.

I just put it out there my experience that's all.
Yes warranty and maintenance bills. Engine flush, filters, brakes whatever the dealer needed to do
I didn't have bad luck other than 3 blown winter tire and one craked rims. Had the car for one year ishh.
As for cat back...depend on your dealer....

Engine flush?? you mean an oil change? 80$ tax incl, synthetic.
brakes? why brakes? I've upgraded pads and rotors on all 4 corners for 800$ excluding MY labor. that's AFTER 80000km on originals. Yes, subaru will rape you on brakes, it is known.
3 blown tires? You mean the tire exploded? You can have a flat tire fixed for about 20$
cracked rim? Those are bbs forged wheels. If you cracked that, you jumped off a cliff without any tires on it.
warranty being denied because of catback DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE DEALER. Call Subaru Canada and get your facts straight. A catback does not deny your warranty.

Frankly, your story doesn't hold up. 3 blown tires in 10000km, what a farce.

Engine flush?? you mean an oil change? 80$ tax incl, synthetic.
brakes? why brakes? I've upgraded pads and rotors on all 4 corners for 800$ excluding MY labor. that's AFTER 80000km on originals. Yes, subaru will rape you on brakes, it is known.
3 blown tires? You mean the tire exploded? You can have a flat tire fixed for about 20$
cracked rim? Those are bbs forged wheels. If you cracked that, you jumped off a cliff without any tires on it.
warranty being denied because of catback DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE DEALER. Call Subaru Canada and get your facts straight. A catback does not deny your warranty.

Frankly, your story doesn't hold up. 3 blown tires in 10000km, what a farce.

Because Estrie.

3 blown winter tire, ruff road around my place. Cracked rim was aftermartket.... Was bad luck thats all.
My story i don't care what people thinks lol
I had good and bad luck with cars over the last 20 years so what.

Op is happy with his purchase and good him.
He will enjoy his i'm sure.

Back