Is MR still worth your time?

Big Pat

With all the current trolling, multiple account, constant bickering, equal parts of mod overmoderating/undermoderating, the advent of the matantism and loss of general technical expertise, is it really worth it to spend so much time on MR?

I tried to stop, several times, and I always come back, like a junkie looking for a fix. I don't enjoy it anymore, but gotta have it.

Anybody else like this here?

Discuss.

Full srs btw.

MR isn't as entertaining as it used to be, but I still visit it a few times a day. Mostly checking on subscribed topics if there's an active discussion going on.

Likewise, so in a sense, it is not really worth it, is it?

Depends on you. Would you be productive with your time if you weren't spending it on MR?

Forums shorten your attention span and create a psychological dependency just like FB/Twitter/Instagram. The question is, where do you find better content?

I've been on this for more than 10 years and it's a regular life cycle of a forum... some years there are good members and some years, not as good.
As people grow and mature, they move on or change and then you got the new batch of people registering.

I'm here for entertainment and news (pretty fast way to find out what's happening in Montreal) as well as interesting political discussions and point of views

I don't mind trolls, without them forums won't be the same. :)

Thats the thing tho, MR hasn'T had any new members for years.

Its just the same 100-150 posters that have been here since the mid 00s.

I just come here to let out some steam and post in the habs thread. i never visit other forums than OT anymore. Some posters take themselves so fucking seriously i get a laugh out of goading from them a long well thought out post bitching me out for trolling them.

MR got some new posters/members when the whole AWDPrelude vs Subaru vs the World non event went on.

Still, today? MR is worth some of my FREE time.

MR me permet de me divertir quand je suis a la job.. a meme titre que JdM!
Pas full srs, mais moyennement divertissant

Back