Meanwhile at the Nurburgring...

Gregster

Legacy Member
3.2.1 we are go for Renault Launch!

Costs..
Base fee for attendance of armco truck: $168.08
Removing damaged armco: $11.21/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)
Replacement armco: $34.74/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)
Removing damaged armco posts: $5.71 each
Replacing armco post: $43.70 each
Safety car attendance: $91.88 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)
Circuit closure: $1,512.74 per hour
Recovery truck: $280.14 (inc VAT)

i never knew you have to pay when you have an accident. Does it only apply to nurburgring?

Its open to the public, so imagine how many wrecks happen in a single day, it gets expensive. otherwise for private tracks, i'd guess they dont care unless you rip a section of fencing or something.

i never knew you have to pay when you have an accident. Does it only apply to nurburgring?

Sur beaucoup de circuits en France, tu vas payer pour les taches d'huile (mème dans les pits), le gravier à remettre si tu sors dans le bac à sable, tous les dégats aux glissieres de sécurité, clotures, filets, etc. Il y a une somme à payer pour le remorquage aussi. Tout ça en plus de la location du circuit pour l'évenement quelqu'il soit.

C'est assez logique, quand t'as un accident sur route ouverte et que tu causes des dégats, il y a un coût que payera ton assurance...

I get why people go there, but it's definitely not for novice drivers. You can go to Spa (not a novice track by any means) which is close by. But at least in a track day you can learn all the corners properly...

Yeah all tracks make you pay for damage, for professionnal race series they have insurance included in the entry fees usually and you only pay an insurance excess. Race cars are insured too, for euro F3 the insurance excess on most cars is £8 000 (16 000$), meaning you only pay up to that amount. The nose & front wing is £10 000 so it covers that. The companies keep track of how much you crash, claimed or not, and after a few crashes though they won't insure you anymore.

For lower-tier racing and smaller track insurance is uncommon and they make you pay for the track damage.

I get why people go there, but it's definitely not for novice drivers. You can go to Spa (not a novice track by any means) which is close by. But at least in a track day you can learn all the corners properly...

Yeah all tracks make you pay for damage, for professionnal race series they have insurance included in the entry fees usually and you only pay an insurance excess. Race cars are insured too, for euro F3 the insurance excess on most cars is £8 000 (16 000$), meaning you only pay up to that amount. The nose & front wing is £10 000 so it covers that. The companies keep track of how much you crash, claimed or not, and after a few crashes though they won't insure you anymore.

For lower-tier racing and smaller track insurance is uncommon and they make you pay for the track damage.
Events locally held by clubs at proper tracks need to have insurance, actually they force it upon the club, same with ambulance and flaggers. You can get DE or race day insurance for the car but its not cheap...

Meanwhile yesterday night , yes that's me, with a rental scirocco
ba22b513e3e10d3cc56232f9b1fd8e2e.jpg

And one other guy renting at the same place I was
7448f71fcd35870d39289daea4939b94.jpg
the track was really wet and he was laughing of me for renting "only" a 210 hp car

LOL Nice!

Those cars look way too similar. At first glance, I thought picture #2 was the same car. Flip that rear quarter window and they're almost identical.

Ah, I thought it was the same guy as this video but it's missing stickers in the vid...

Meanwhile yesterday night , yes that's me, with a rental scirocco
And one other guy renting at the same place I was the track was really wet and he was laughing of me for renting "only" a 210 hp car

That track doesn't forgive! People drive much faster than they should lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specially in the wet lol
24b82f8c38e28c634dc558a186e85602.jpg
the guy completely destroyed his m6... Sorry not a lot of pics , I was trying to stay focused

Specially in the wet lol the guy completely destroyed his m6... Sorry not a lot of pics , I was trying to stay focused

Yup the track doesn't forgive! You can see the aftermath of a crash in my video around 9:00. The same day the track was closed almost 1 hour for another crash...

I'm still on the fence if I'd drive the ring... It honestly doesn't really interest me. Spa I say is No.1 on my list

I'm still on the fence if I'd drive the ring... It honestly doesn't really interest me. Spa I say is No.1 on my list

It doesn't seem that much of a risk. I mean, either you live or you crash and burn. Not much of a danger ain't it? :D

The trick is to go as soon as the track opens, which is usually 8am. Around 10am you're getting tolerable traffic and passed noon till it closes is dangerous. At ~10min a lap you can easily do 10-12 laps without too much traffic (guaranteed you can't do more than 2 laps at once, either the car will need a cooldown or you will need one). Downside of going early in the morning : fog, wet track, sun in your eyes.

Back