FML, can't run studs anymore

Dubweiser

Parking garage won't let me use studs...

What do I do?

Might as well get something quiet, smooth that doesn't have too many of the winter tire drawback (road noise, mushy steering, poor dry/wet).

I was looking at the Continental TS850, Winter contact Si, and Pirelli Ice Zero. Maybe the Michelin Xi3 but I heard they suck on snow? Anyone care to chime in? I don't want Nokians. Tried the R2's and didnt like them on wet/dry and I don't want studless Hakka 8's...

Continental TS850
edb36a357ccb1ca89290c831798e17d8.jpg

Continental winter contact si

co_wintercontactsi_pdpcrop.jpg

Pirelli ice zero fr
$_35.JPG

Je t avoue qu ils font chier avec ce règlement là. Pour le peu de gens qui ont des studs. ...ils pourraient bien les laisser faire

Had the TS580 on an Elantra and they were ok. Not as good as studed on ice tough. But in Montreal, do you really need stud tires?

Had the TS580 on an Elantra and they were ok. Not as good as studed on ice tough. But in Montreal, do you really need stud tires?

I drive alot in winter, skiing, chalets, and regularly drive mtl-sherbrooke-qc. With my studded continentals I had no problem passing salt trucks on the highway and driving on glare ice at highway speeds... In the city it's probably even more practical for glare ice on intersections.

I'm absolutely bummed about not running studded tires anymore.

Thanks for the input on the ts850. I'm not expecting anything as good as studded tires on ice, but since I can't run studs, I want a nice all rounder. Might as well have something quiet, smooth, good steering feel. Nothing loud, rough, or mushy...

I drive alot in winter, skiing, chalets, and regularly drive mtl-sherbrooke-qc. With my studded continentals I had no problem passing salt trucks on the highway and driving on glare ice at highway speeds... In the city it's probably even more practical for glare ice on intersections.

I'm absolutely bummed about not running studded tires anymore.

Thanks for the input on the ts850. I'm not expecting anything as good as studded tires on ice, but since I can't run studs, I want a nice all rounder. Might as well have something quiet, smooth, good steering feel. Nothing loud, rough, or mushy...

If you go out of the city a lot then, i confirm studded tires are the best.

The Contis are big sellers at my place. Customers give me good feedback on them

Any model in particular that you sold more? I'm guessing the Extreme winter contact?

The new SI doesn't look as aggressive as the extreme winter model... Then again it come down to more than just tread pattern...

The Yokohama iceguards ruined my whole winter. First hand brake corner of the season, didn't slide at all.

They're great tires, have been running them for 4 years now.

Any model in particular that you sold more? I'm guessing the Extreme winter contact?

The new SI doesn't look as aggressive as the extreme winter model... Then again it come down to more than just tread pattern...

The extreme winter contact are the ones i meant. I have never heard a complaint about them. They are also a quiet ride

The Yokohama iceguards ruined my whole winter. First hand brake corner of the season, didn't slide at all.

They're great tires, have been running them for 4 years now.

the IG20? really?

what about the blizzacks? the "sportier" version (LM something), had them on the car when bought it, they were pretty worn out, however still better than the new ig20 lol

last year my client gave me a set of Falken HS449 winter tires (first year they were out) and he wanted me to test them out since I was doing alot of MTL/Sherbrooke or Trois-Rivieres

have to say... pretty surprised how good these tires were... they handled real good... very little noise... and considering the fucked up roads I sometimes hit to go see some of my clients... I really cant complain

End of winter I had about 11k done on them... thread life was still amazing (I'll probably do 3 winters on those)....

That being said I read on 1010tires and the reviews are 4.8 on 5 now... which I agree with that review after having tried them myself

I'm on my way for 6th winter on my non-studded Hakka7 and only the back ones need replacing(RWD). Why no love on the Hakka8?

Hakka 8's without studs? No thanks... They are good snow tires but without the studs I'd get the R2's, but the R2's compromise too much on wet-dry. I want a good all-rounder.

I had hakka 7 for 2 winters without studs and they were by far the best tires I ever had on my car. I never used studded tires tho but those are tires are fucking amazing on snow.

Back