My 1969 Porsche 911

Gas tank removed and drained of the nasty varnished fuel that had been in there for 6+ years. Tank looks to be original and seems to be in reasonably good shape for a car of this age. I will definitely need it to be cleaned and coated due to the surface rust that formed inside it over the years. Anyone know of anywhere around Montreal that can handle this?

http://imageshack.com/a/img540/415/ConTsi.jpg

Radiateur Joly (on Beaubien just east of Du Parc).

Where did you find it? Was it already in Qc?

Are the price as inflated as the 946/993?

The car was in Quebec but hadn't been driven here since the previous owner moved from Ontario. The prices of the early cars have also seen solid gains over the past few years. Probably not to the same extent as the 930/964/993's but a clean, well documented 911S will still bring well into six figures.

I just saw a thread over on pelican about a similar car and was gonna refer you to it, but then I realized that it's your thread lol

Awesome car! Like previously mention Get your inspiration from Singer if you need some ideas! I just found my go to thread for the long winter months ahead!

My focus is on getting all the mechanical portions of the car in order right now but I will be needing some input regarding rust repair in the near future. Does anyone here know of any experienced individuals or shops which have knowledge of these cars?

all he does is rust repair? I also need some rust repair on my car.

Carosseries technipro does a great job and has worked on 911, in fact they got one in right now.

https://www.facebook.com/Les-carrosseries-Technipro-109448239128384/timeline/

12038520_946460795427120_6176022636778157726_n.jpg

Removed all the valve covers today in order to inspect everything and verify and adjust valve lash. Was happy to see that everything looks great and still had a film of oil on it after sitting for all those years.

xcP9js.jpg

0cC7Q2.jpg

nznirT.jpg

v8eNKk.jpg

I had read that the area around the gas tank including the battery box area was a very common area for these cars to rot out. Thankfully that area is still very solid on this car. There is a little bit of minor surface rust in some areas but nothing to be concerned about.

oKTYEA.jpg

Last edited:
Another area which can often rot out over time on these cars is the rear package shelf area. This is usually due to leaking rear window seals. I removed the interior bits from that area to have a look and didn't find any sign of corrosion. Just an abundance of adhesive used to hold down the under padding. Sorry for the poor quality pics, didn't have enough light with the cover on the car.

DdNCLr.jpg

xuYrxm.jpg

Last edited:
Read through all the recipts that came in a binder with the car. Very happy to see that all the mileage and dates noted on the different reciepts through the years seem to confirm that the indicated mileage of 83,300km is the actual mileage of the car. I added up all the money spend on the car and it came out to a shockingly high number. One of the major expenses was the engine and transmission replacement which was done in 1989 when the car had 48,000km.

So I decided I would pull my torsion bars to have a look at the condition of the tubes and to lower the car to euro height. I am very happy with the condition of the torsion bar tubes, everything looks clean and rust free.....I was very nervous about this as I had read that it is VERY common for these cars to have corrosion issues in this area, they tend to rust from the inside out. I did end up having to cut the head off of one of the bolts that holds on the torsion tube covers but I can deal with that better with the torsion bars out.

8Z0ogE.jpg

wlYrhC.jpg

Back