Chemical guys products

TheDamned

Hello,

Lots of hype around this brand, I'd like to know of their product are actually good? I have bought a few of their stuff and so far so good. Their product are a tad pricey tough.

Any pros can chip in?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Chemical Guys does have some decent products. Off the top of my head, I can name their Diablo Wheel cleaner, Synthetic Quick detailer, Their New Car Smell and Stripper Scent are very popular as well (I carry those in stock for a reason). They also have a few pretty good shampoos such as Maxi Suds and Mr. Pink...however, they are HUGE on relabeling their own products, changing the color and smell, and marketing it as something else. They are a tad pricey for what they are, but hey, anything with that much marketing is going to be pricey.

I think a lot of the hype on Chemical Guys comes from their marketing, they are IMO the detailing company with the most ''up to date'' marketing. There labels look good, they do a shitload of videos, they have clear instructions and they sell online ''from the warehouse''. They are also active on social medias. We are in 2015, I think they have their marketing game on point.

As far as the quality of the products, I am far from a professional detailer so I do not have the chance to try many brands. I do use a bunch of their products on my personal car and have had good results (to my standards). I've used; Diablo wheels cleaner (love it), Blacklight (i'll get dissed by pros for this but I think it performs well as an AIO), Butter wax cream (good wax but would not buy again), V07 soap, V07 spray sealant (works well), I have also bought a few microfiber towels from them and was disappointed with them.

As I told you, I don't have that much epxerience with other brands so, for this reason, I'll let more experienced users tell you more about the quality of their products.

Yeah their marketing is amazing.

I've used so far diablo wheel cleaner, jet seal, black light, honeydew snow foam, leather clean and conditionner (love it) and their claybar and lube and so far so good, let's see how it lasts now...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

All this Hype/marketing and relabel turned me off with chemical guys. To be honest, beside their QD, i don't use much of their stuff, just finishinf my bottle and won't buy again.

Marketing is fun when your new in the game. Then, when you get a vet, you just get tired of all those hyped-up claim with no meaning really... or maybe I'M just getting more mature ? lol

so are their product bad ? no, they are fine. are they the 8eme merveilles du monde ? not at all. I prefer to give my money to other brands who's more ''real'' .

Back