Which filter kit to choose?

android25ua

Considering I am a casual DSLR hobbyist, with a 60D and a 18-135 kit lens, a 50mm 1.8, and a fisheye, what's decent for the price?

What filter kit to get?

I don't think I need anything HIGH end like B+W or Hoya...

I thought I would just go and grab anything with semi good reviews on it, but then I realized that some of them are plastic and some of them are glass...

Please advise!

Merci

quel genre de photo tu fais?

en general sur mes objectif il y a toujours un filtre uv pour ''proteger'' la lentille. J'ai aussi un filtre ND et polariser ... j'ai les 3 filtre pour toutes mes lentilles.

nikon 50 1.8g
nikon 18-140
tokina 11-20

Cheap filters are like cheap lenses. You better avoid them if you want good pictures. If you want cheap filters, I bought polaroid filters on amazon for my 18-135 last year for 21$, unfortunately they aren't available anymore from amazon directly. I used them a few times for tests shots, got really bad contrast and sharpness and stopped using them. Then I got a real Hoya Circular Polarizer for my biggest lens, with a few metal step down adapters from ebay so it fits all my lens.

Also, using a cheap UV filter will also make your pictures worse (less sharp). You may protect your lens, but a scratched lens doesn't necessarily take bad pictures. Here's an article about pictures taken with a really badly scratched front element http://petapixel.com/2015/07/02/how-much-does-a-scratch-affect-the-quality-of-a-lens/ . I just take care of my lens and haven't got any scratches yet.

I think you better fix your pictures in post (taken in raw of course) than using cheap filters. Your overall result will probably be better.

Back