I would drown a few kittens to drive this beast...

Marek

maxresdefault.jpg

prost_renaultespacef1_magny-cours_1995.jpg

In 1995, Renault displayed a show car called the Espace F1, which was created by Matra to celebrate both the 10th anniversary of the Espace and Renault's involvement in Formula One racing. Though it resembled an Espace with substantial bodywork changes, the vehicle had more in common with a Formula One car. The vehicle used a lightweight carbon fibre F1-style chassis in combination with a carbon fibre-reinforced Espace J63-series body (as opposed to fibreglass on the standard model). Powering the Espace F1 was an 800 hp (597 kW; 811 PS) (upgraded from its original rating of 700 hp (522 kW; 710 PS)) 3.5-litre, 40-valve Renault RS5 V10 engine, as used in the 1993 Williams-Renault FW15C.

hqdefault.jpg

As with an F1 car, the V10 engine was mid-engined (as opposed to the conventional front-engined layout) and the power was transmitted to the rear wheels via a 6-speed semi-automatic gearbox, also used in the Williams FW15C. The engine and transmission allowed the Espace F1 to accelerate from 0–100 km/h (0–62 mph) in 2.8 seconds, 0–200 km/h (0–124 mph) in 6.9 seconds and carry on accelerating to a top speed of 312 km/h (194 mph). With the use of carbon-ceramic brakes, the Espace F1's deceleration was no less impressive that its acceleration, and could accelerate from 0–270 km/h (0–168 mph) and brake to a complete halt in under 600 metres (1,969 ft). This version of the Espace was featured in driving simulator game Gran Turismo 2. Frank Williams was a noted passenger of the Espace F1, chauffeured by Williams driver David Coulthard. The Espace F1 currently resides in the Matra Museum in France.

Renault%20Espace%20F1,%201995,%20900%20ch.jpg

Have a nice weekend Bitches.

i don't like the sound of it..and the old man got his "shake of the day" in these corners...

First two pics had me like "Op cant be serious.." and then i saw the 3rd pic LOL. I didnt know the french had a good sense of humour :D

J'ai eu l'occasion de voir cette bête de course au salon retromobile 2014 à Paris. Un vrai Monstre...

Who gives a shit that it's ugly. It's a freaking van with an f1 engine that goes over 300 km/h and does 0-100 in 2.8 sec. That's pretty fucking awsome if you ask me.
In deedles, it's freakishly awesome. The f1 motor is simply amazing, the design is awesome. I would definitely DD it.

1: How is it possible that anyone who likes cars has not seen this before?

2: How is it possible that anyone who likes cars doesn't think this thing is totally awesome?

1: How is it possible that anyone who likes cars has not seen this before?

2: How is it possible that anyone who likes cars doesn't think this thing is totally awesome?
Because people think the Rolls Royce drop head is a nice car, because it's expressive and swag and fresh... It's ugly but it's impressive and opulent.

This is a minivan, ultimate sleeper with remarquable technology... But people just see a minivan.

MR is weird at times...

Back