Feature Article: Candidat pour voiture de l'année: 1977 Datsun 280Z

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Jérémie Lecours - 1977 Datsun 280Z

Nous allons regarder chaque candidat individuellement dans les prochaines semaines afin de générer le plus de visibilité possible pour la compétition de voiture de l'année.

We’ll be looking at each candidate individually in the coming weeks in order to generate the most visibility possible for the competition of Car of the Year.

Que pensez-vous de la voiture de Jérémie? Donner son véhicule un score de 1-10 (1 = mauvais 10=parfait): http://www.montrealracing.com/wp/wp/2015/11/candidat-pour-voiture-de-lannee-1979-datsun-280z/

Under The Hood
-Rb26 swapped
-CP pistons
-Manley connecting rods
-Extended crankshaft
-N1 oil pump
-RB25 transmission
-Z31 modified oil pan
-ID1000 injectors
-Oversized fuel rail
-Apexi Power FC
-Almasi boost controler
-Fuel cell
Drivetrain/Suspension
-Custom aluminum machined rear control arm
-Custom mustache bar
-Megan Racing coilover with adjustable top plates
-Full polyeurethane bushing kit
Body
Msa front air dam
Shaved rear bumper
Front 240z bumper
Wide carbon fiber flares
6 coat of Axalta clearcoat
Fender mirror jdm style
Wheels Watanabe RS8 16" Yokohama S-Drive Interior Restored dashboard
Led cluster
Bride Lowmax seats
Custom made trim with real brown leather
Doubledin touch radio in glove box
Correction: C'est bien une Datsun 1977 et non une 1979.

datsun01.jpg

datsun09.jpg

datsun14.jpg

Yeah, this one looks damn good. I'd give it an 8.5.

Clean and nice, but not what I would have done. I kinda wish the seats retained some of the original look, or at least looked like they came from that era and not a fan of fender flares. I do, however, like that it has an RB26.

10000x mieux qu'une civic slammé à terre qui se fait arrêter par la police instantanément , avec un moteur d16.

My choice also for Car of the Year!
9.5/10 just cuz I wouldve prefered to see an early skinny rear bumper, preferably a Rocky Auto carbon item. But thats just me nit-picking...

2/10

Fender flares too pointy.
The stitching color on the seats isn't matching well.
Needs a lot more camber.

9.5/10 the .5 is because I would have liked the seats to be period correct or more OEM but that is just me nitpicking. I think this car is way better than almost any car in that other Car of the Year thread.

Back