experience buying car parts from ebay

bigsmokes

I was wondering if any MR members have had good or bad experiences with purchasing car parts from ebay. I need a clutch kit for my car and every auto parts store I have called in montreal quoted me 700$+tx which is ridicules. I found a seller on ebay that has 99% feedback and has sold more than 16 000 items, but I tried calling them to find out what the clutch kit inlcudes but they never answer the damn phone. I had to call the manufacturer to find out what this clutch kit includes. anyways here is a link to the seller store http://stores.ebay.ca/autopartsexp2/

The only problem with buying on eBay, is if you buy "eBay brand" parts. When buying name brand parts, it doesn't matter if you go through eBay or a private website. The parts are the same (as long as they aren't counterfeit)

I've purchased numerous brand name parts on eBay and the only time I had a slight issue was when ordering my Enkei wheels. The seller didn't put the right name on the package and so at customs I had to have paper work faxed over to have my items released.(I did my own brokerage) When contacting the seller about it afterwards, he was kind enough to give me a $50 refund for my time/trouble. Every other part I have purchased has been without troubles.

I was wondering if any MR members have had good or bad experiences with purchasing car parts from ebay. I need a clutch kit for my car and every auto parts store I have called in montreal quoted me 700$+tx which is ridicules. I found a seller on ebay that has 99% feedback and has sold more than 16 000 items, but I tried calling them to find out what the clutch kit inlcudes but they never answer the damn phone. I had to call the manufacturer to find out what this clutch kit includes. anyways here is a link to the seller store http://stores.ebay.ca/autopartsexp2/

Is it really worth it ?

prices are in usd, you need to pay shipping ( prob. 80$ for a clutch kit) duties ( for 450$ it will be around 90-100$)

I buy quite a lot but it's for a 60's american V8 barge. I never really had a bad experience actually.

Most of the time when the wrong part showed up it's because I hadn't checked what the previous owner did to it.

For example I bought sway bar bushings and they obviously were too small. Turns out the sway bar was bigger than stock and I hadn't measured it.

One thing I would advise is to make sure you're buying actual branded parts like you said you contacted the manufacturer of the kit, that's a good thing to do. If you expect quality and receive shit, there's not much you can do about it, knockoffs sell like hot cakes.

The only problem with buying on eBay, is if you buy "eBay brand" parts. When buying name brand parts, it doesn't matter if you go through eBay or a private website. The parts are the same (as long as they aren't counterfeit)

I've purchased numerous brand name parts on eBay and the only time I had a slight issue was when ordering my Enkei wheels. The seller didn't put the right name on the package and so at customs I had to have paper work faxed over to have my items released.(I did my own brokerage) When contacting the seller about it afterwards, he was kind enough to give me a $50 refund for my time/trouble. Every other part I have purchased has been without troubles.

its a brand name, its a LUK clutch kit

also I just looked at rockauto they have the same clutch kit for sale for 263$cad + 54$ shipping (it says it inlcudes duty charge) + 14$cad in taxes so total would be 331$cad, and it would be shipped to my house

Just to be clear with eBaY
Ebay manufacture nothing, its only a big ''store''
I been a seller on eBaY for over 10 years with over 28000 transaction. Its a great place to shop! Just need to be carefull with some seller, otherwise, don't be afraid to shop on eBaY.
eBaY only give us the seller an interface to sell. I only seller high end stuff and I sell alot!

and not because eBaY = Cheap.....yes theres knockoff, but that seller buying cheap to resell cheap.
Just need to read and know what you are getting.

Otherwise check:
Summitracing is cheap on shipping and duty and pretty quick, I order there alot.
performanceparts.ca sometime it aint bad, all items shipped from Canada.
rockauto, quick and cheap, price are great you just need to understand how to shop to pay less shipping and check google for 5% rebate.

just buy on rockauto .... you cant find cheaper really and you don't have to worry about anything.

rockauto.com for non-oem parts.

partsouq.com for oem parts for few manufacturers.

eBay.com if i don't have any other choices.

pour du jobber pour des disques, pads, bras de suspension, bushings etc il y a quelques commercants canadiens a tres gros volume sur Ebay qui ont des prix qu'aucun Napa ou autre ne pourra te donner

pour du jobber pour des disques, pads, bras de suspension, bushings etc il y a quelques commercants canadiens a tres gros volume sur Ebay qui ont des prix qu'aucun Napa ou autre ne pourra te donner

mais je cherche un clutch kit, et touts les commercant canadiens (genre autopartsway, autoelectra) sont trop chere. et sur ebay canada touts les clutch kit qui se vend vienne du USA

Back