Fiat 500L , aware me on the problems please

How is it even possible to like that car?

Worst / cheapest piece of crap ever. The interior makes me sick.

En plus d'etre pas fiable , elle es vraiment pas securitaire !

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/fiat/500l

api-rating-image.ashx

https://www.facebook.com/isabelle.comtois1/videos/10208154882060091/

« pétage de coche » après une (autre) panne de sa « Fiat 500 de Chrysler »

C est des vidanges, fideles a leur constructeur, Chrysler. Dommage. Des gars du forum de s** (je nommerai pas le model) en regardait pour switcher au niveau petit renegade de jeep. Les chars laissaient desja des puddles d huile dans le show room a terre...Rassurant.

Niaiseuses ces madames, ramassez votre argent achetez vous une echo used en bonne shape pour 5000$.

La madame a l air d une ''Têtes a claques''.

La Soul est la seule Kia que je considererais acheter etre ben mal pris mais honnetement je prendrais un Juke avant. Au moins t'as un char laid mais qui est fiable.

Salut,

My father picked up a 2014 500L Sport with the manual 6spd, panoramic roof, Beats, rear cam, heated seats and loves the car. It was a demo leftover from last year and he got a ridiculous deal, under 15,000$ with a full warranty and 0km. Check Mazda Caron they still have a few in manual. My good friend also picked up a manual 500L pop at the same dealer for under 14K$ with 0km, also a previous demonstrator.

The car itself is much better than I expected and don't believe what you read. The manual is better than the TCT and is more reliable. In 2015 they ditched the TCT and gave it a normal Automatic transmission and made the front seats more comfortable. They represent a great bang for your buck, easy to drive, loads of space, spacious interior, decent on gas and the 1.4TB is a great little engine, the same that can be found on the Abarth. It's more fun to drive and has more character than the Kia. The ride is quite nice, striking a good balance between Euro firm and comfort. It actually corners decently considering the shape.

The car has also been super reliable and no problems to speak of. I also own a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport with 63,000km and have zero issues. My previous cars include Hondas, BMW and Alfa Romeo's. Maintenance is key and respecting the correct maintenance schedule.

If you can find a clean 2014 Trekking manual, go for it!

Salut,

My father picked up a 2014 500L Sport with the manual 6spd, panoramic roof, Beats, rear cam, heated seats and loves the car. It was a demo leftover from last year and he got a ridiculous deal, under 15,000$ with a full warranty and 0km. Check Mazda Caron they still have a few in manual. My good friend also picked up a manual 500L pop at the same dealer for under 14K$ with 0km, also a previous demonstrator.

The car itself is much better than I expected and don't believe what you read. The manual is better than the TCT and is more reliable. In 2015 they ditched the TCT and gave it a normal Automatic transmission and made the front seats more comfortable. They represent a great bang for your buck, easy to drive, loads of space, spacious interior, decent on gas and the 1.4TB is a great little engine, the same that can be found on the Abarth. It's more fun to drive and has more character than the Kia. The ride is quite nice, striking a good balance between Euro firm and comfort. It actually corners decently considering the shape.

The car has also been super reliable and no problems to speak of. I also own a 2012 Fiat 500 Sport with 63,000km and have zero issues. My previous cars include Hondas, BMW and Alfa Romeo's. Maintenance is key and respecting the correct maintenance schedule.

The-Fonz-ehhh.jpg

EYYYYYYYYYY

Super thumbs up for your family being the only people alive with a good experience with this car.

For OP:
I have a friend who's gf's family runs a car rental branch. After 7 out of the 8 they bought frequent major problems within 9 months (as listed above by other users), they sold these turds at a significant loss. Girls would rent them for the weekend, and rage return them early. They're unreliable turds. Buy anything else.

Le dealer Chrysler ou je fais affaire ne veux même pas avoir la bannière Fiat.... Un des gars avec qui je travaille avait une Fiat 500 2013, le moteur à sauté à 40 000 km, il a été refait sur la garantie à trois rivière, il a passé 2 mois sans auto, le headgasket du premier moteur à sauté pendant le roadtest.

La transmission à lâcher 10 000 km plus tard. Il a laissé le char chez Toyota et est repartit avec un yaris.

Pretty much any of the existing subcompacts is a better choice then the Fiat 500 (Mirage maybe not although it's probably more reliable). Except the cuteness factor that makes many women impulse buy them I really don't see what this car has going on for it.

The 500L seems like a decent package on paper, when bought at a discount, but if they're so plagued with problems, why risk it where there's other solid options around.

A date, dans ce thread je vois plus des commentaires sans fondement que d'autres choses. Oui, la 500L est en bas completement de la liste de fiabilité de toute l'industrie, mais c'est plus ou moins n'importe quoi puisque les 2 sujets de plaintes principaux, c'es la transmission automatique (double clutch) et le systeme multimedia, qui entre vous et moi, est la bête noire de pas mal tous les manufacturiers.

Nous avons (c'est l'auto de ma blonde) notre 500L depuis 2 ans et ma blonde l'adore. Par contre, elle est manuelle. Pas de trouble a date, 30000km. Oui, il y a un turbo lag fatiguant mais de là à dire que c'est vache, faut pas virer fou. C'est un petit moteur (1.4) alors faut pas compter sur le torque a bas regime. En haut de 3000 rpm, ca va tres bien. Pour 300$ tu commande le GoPedal de 500 Madness et bye bye turbo lag.

pour 2015 une nouvelle transmission automatique est disponible, ce qui regle le gros point faible du modele.

L'interieur du modele trecking est tres réussi côté agencement des couleurs et matérieux.

Pfff esti de gang de jaloux. Ma bagnole va bien, super contant :squintfin :bigup:

pour tout le monde qui s'inquiete. mon pere a rien achete, il garde sa montana 2006 jusqua qu'il trouve de quoi de potable. je lui ai propose la cruze a 33$/semaine mais y voulais pas un char de base. too bad.

Salut,

Regarde tous les reviews et les ratings de fiabilité. Fiat sont loin dernier et déclassent même subaru qui pourtant sont pas un modèle à suivre avec leurs problème de consommation d'huile et moteur/transmissions sautés rendus à la moitié de la garantie.

Tant mieux si tu as tombé sur un bon dans le lot, 9 sur 10 sont des citrons...

All the problems linked to the Fiat 500L are with the Twin Clutch transmission, qui n'est pas son point fort. En 2015 ils ont change ca pour une transmission japonaise Aisin 6speed. The manual 6 speed is the way to go if you are purchasing the 500L.

Je dirais de ne pas trop ecouter le monde qui na pa d'experience avec le modele ou la brand, car j'ai conduit une variete de brands (American, Japanese, Korean, Italian, German) et l'entretien devient primordial dans tout les cas. For sure il peut avoir des components qui ne sont pas a l'hauteur des fois, ou des pieces qui font defaut.

La 500L est leader de vente sur le marche Europee, avant toute les allemandes, japonaise et coreenes et francaises. It's a great package if that's what you're looking for. Just stay away from the 2014 Twin Clutch.

Back