2011 sti build swap shop blainville?

11cobbsti

Hi guys I'm new to Montreal racing and would like some feedback. I'm in the process of doing a build on my 2011 sti and would like to know if anybody ever had their car built and tuned with swap shop racing in blainville? I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer. Thanks

Welcome on MR!

Someone referred me to Swap Shop once for custom exhaust work (pair of resonators) I was thinking about getting done on my 135i. I was well served by polite and knowledgeable guys, who took the time to answer my questions, and describe their approach. I was pleasantly surprised that they would care about work on Euro cars.

Anyhow, lots of expertise at that place, and they are heavily involved with rally racing...

I would not hesitate to deal with them, or the other main Subaru tuner in Lachute ...

Their reputation speaks for themselves ...

Thanks for the reply man. I always hear about lachute performance but people say they are a bit pricey for what they do. I've heard good things about swap shop also and I will definitely be giving them a try. I'm almost done with my build and I'll be bringing them a ton of stuff for install and dyno tune.

they rebuilt my engine 3 times ( they never mesured it and cylinder was oversized) and had to wait 6 months for my car, for little job they are good , work fast and good, but for big work they take their time and do little job while doing your car , never again for me!

All my internals will remain stock. They basically would be doing my turbo upgrade, fuel pump, injectors, tgv deletes, intercooler, headers and a few other bolt ons and a tune. The guy that does the tuning there used to work for lachute performance and they are Cobb certified. Do you think they would be OK to do this work?

Hmmm. When I emailed him he said he was able to dyno tune. Maybe they got one or he does it elsewhere. I'll make sure before I do anything. If not I guess it'll be lachute performance.

I have dealt with swapshop for the past 10 yrs. i have done 2 different swaps and a complete rebuild on the second engine.
they know their stuff and are very helpful as well. reasonable to price wise. Lachute is much more pricey.

swapshop does not have a dyno, they take it to st eustache at Precision EFI and tune it there. when it comes to tuning though thats another story. i'd be more picky bout the tuning than anything else.

I have dealt with swapshop for the past 10 yrs. i have done 2 different swaps and a complete rebuild on the second engine.
they know their stuff and are very helpful as well. reasonable to price wise. Lachute is much more pricey.

swapshop does not have a dyno, they take it to st eustache at Precision EFI and tune it there. when it comes to tuning though thats another story. i'd be more picky bout the tuning than anything else.

if i wanted to swap my 2.5 n/a for a i believe 2.2 wrx turbo engine would i need new looms ect i own 92x wich is a 2.5 impreza under the covers , i would like to know a rough average of pricing as i have been seeing the engine on kijiji from sunshine motors ect for around 1900 with swap included is that what im looking at ?

I realiZed now why Lachute is more expensive. CAUSE THEY GET IT DONE THE RIGHT WAY THE FIRST TIME. my second build has become a nightmare. cheap parts were installed by SWAPSHOP, and in some cases SOME PARTS WERE NEVER CHANGED, BUT THEY CLAIMED THEY HAD CHANGED THEM.

EXAMPLE. 255 WALBRO FUEL PUMP IS A CHEAP $100 PART AND A 15 MINUTE PROCESS TO CHANGE. they said they changed it, and my car was dying out on the dyno due to fuel starvation. they said my injectors were too small (740's). they "CHANGED IT" TO 850'S APPARENTLY. CAR WAS UNDERTUNED AND I NEVER HIT THE NUMBERS THEY PROMISED. Lachute verified the fuel pump, and ofcourse, it was the stock fuel pump. SHAME ON YOU SWAPSHOP. MY LIST GOES ON AND ON.

Back