Weird rattle from rear of motor

Trupower Distribution

So guys im looking for some input on this noise that is coming from my motor. VQ35DE only happens on deceleration. I used a screw driver and put it to my ear it doesn't sound like it's coming from directly the timing chain area. Does it have to do with my intake?

That is my car in the video

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Ces moteurs la ont 3 timing chains et 3 guides et tensionneurs. En plus ça arrive souvent les rattle de timing chain sur les VQ35.
As-tu l'impression que ton moteur manque un peu de puissance ?

Ces moteurs la ont 3 timing chains et 3 guides et tensionneurs. En plus ça arrive souvent les rattle de timing chain sur les VQ35.
As-tu l'impression que ton moteur manque un peu de puissance ?
Meme pas. It still pulls really hard. I'm willing to do the timing job, not to many people are willing to do the job.

Meme pas. It still pulls really hard. I'm willing to do the timing job, not to many people are willing to do the job.

if you do it yourself, careful with what timing kit you use, my friend has an 08 maxima, he did the timing and his engine blew about 30 minutes after startup. When taken to the dealership for diagnostic, the tech told him his chain had an extra link, which caused the timing chain to be too long and in the long term offset the timing.

I'll listen to the video later on, I'm at work, can't use sound. But the timing chain issue is a common issue on VQ35's.

if you do it yourself, careful with what timing kit you use, my friend has an 08 maxima, he did the timing and his engine blew about 30 minutes after startup. When taken to the dealership for diagnostic, the tech told him his chain had an extra link, which caused the timing chain to be too long and in the long term offset the timing.

I'll listen to the video later on, I'm at work, can't use sound. But the timing chain issue is a common issue on VQ35's.
Thanks.

i still say timing chain, the beggining of it.

One of the characteristics of the timing chain issue is the rattle on cold start.

I know it's not his speciality, maybe see with gregster if he do it or if he can reffer you some somewhere?

I know it's not his speciality, maybe see with gregster if he do it or if he can reffer you some somewhere?
I asked gregster he didnt seem interested. I found a motor from florida with low miles but its to get someone to do the swap.

https://youtu.be/QI3xqgakdP0

D'après moi c'est ça ton problème. Peut être pas aussi avancé que lui mais ton guide doit être fatigué. C'est pas compliqué à faire comme job c'est juste vraiment long enlever toutes les 50 vis autour du couvert en plus d'avoir à débarquer la panne à huile et un support à moteur.

Back