Replace social programs with cheques for everyone (15k/year for all canadians)

Let me make something clear before I proceed: I hate free loaders too. They are a pure drain of resources.

BUT.

But having a social net has other great advantages we have a hard time putting a price on. If people are faced with dire need and having no way to sustain themselves, they will often resort to crime. Montreal is about the same size as Washington or Cleveland. The US has a flimsier social net. Check the murder/theft/drug related crime rates in these cities and compare them to what we enjoy here. The numbers pretty much speak for themselves. Desperate people resort to desperate acts when survival is concerned.

And that is not comparing to poorer countries with no social net whatsoever.

I would much rather bitch about the BS free loaders than be in fear for my life anytime I park my car in an unlit street... But that's just me, I guess.

Comme dans autre thread sur les b.s

Arrivé a du monde avoir besoin de ce service social.

et il y a aussi du monde qui ne fonctionne pas sur le marché du travaille. Il sont que débile ou psychotique.
il ne peuve faire plus que quelque heurs par semaine. 40 heurs pour eux est impossible.

Il faut occupé de nos plus faible. vargé dessus c est trop facile.

avec 15 000$ par annee tu peux te permettr d'aller a l'universite considerant que ca coute 2000$/session. il y aurais moins de monde endette a cause des pret/bourse et de toute facon c'est de l'argent qui va revenir au gouvernement quand tu finis ton bac ( car tu vas avoir une job qui a un salaire raisonable et tu vas payer des impot)

c'est une bonne idee.

avec 15 000$ par annee tu peux te permettr d'aller a l'universite considerant que ca coute 2000$/session. il y aurais moins de monde endette a cause des pret/bourse et de toute facon c'est de l'argent qui va revenir au gouvernement quand tu finis ton bac ( car tu vas avoir une job qui a un salaire raisonable et tu vas payer des impot)

c'est une bonne idee.

serrieux oui.

Je suis certain tu peux gossé et ponier une bource en plus.

Was about to post that about Finland. I'm eager to see the conclusions of their pilot project if they do it.

Was about to post that about Finland. I'm eager to see the conclusions of their pilot project if they do it.

Ou tu pourrais aussi allez lire les conclusions de la même expérience social fait ici même au Canada, dans les années 70, nommée le Mincome, à Winnipeg... oups c'est vrai, quand les conservateur de l'époque sont arrivés au pouvoir, ils ont fait disparaitre le projet ainsi que les résultats des recherches et rapports sur le projet... on arrête pas le progrès... sauf en votant conservateur.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mincome

Mincome was an experimental Canadian basic income project that was held in Dauphin, Manitoba, during the 1970s. The project, funded jointly by the Manitoba provincial government and the Canadian federal government under Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau. It was launched with a news release on February 22, 1974, under the NDP government of Edward Schreyer, and was closed down in 1979 under the Conservative government of Sterling Lyon and the federal Progressive Conservative Party of Joe Clark. The purpose of this experiment was to determine whether a guaranteed, unconditional annual income caused disincentive to work for the recipients, and how great such a disincentive would be.

It allowed every family unit to receive a minimum cash benefit. Participants who worked had their mincome supplement reduced by 50 cents for every dollar they earned by working.[1] The results showed an impact on labor markets, with working hours dropping one percent for men, three percent for married women, and five percent for unmarried women.[2] However, some have argued these drops may be artificially low because participants knew the guaranteed income was temporary.[3] These decreases in hours worked may be seen as offset by the opportunity cost of more time for family and education. Mothers spent more time rearing newborns, and the educational impacts are regarded as a success. Students in these families showed higher test scores and lower dropout rates. There was also an increase in adults continuing education.[4][5]

A final report was never issued, but Manitoban economist Evelyn Forget (/fɔrˈʒeɪ/) conducted an analysis of the program in 2009 which was published in 2011.[5][6] She found that only new mothers and teenagers worked substantially less. Mothers with newborns stopped working because they wanted to stay at home longer with their babies, and teenagers worked less because they weren't under as much pressure to support their families, which resulted in more teenagers graduating. In addition, those who continued to work were given more opportunities to choose what type of work they did. Forget found that in the period that Mincome was administered, hospital visits dropped 8.5 percent, with fewer incidents of work-related injuries, and fewer emergency room visits from car accidents and domestic abuse.[7] Additionally, the period saw a reduction in rates of psychiatric hospitalization, and in the number of mental illness-related consultations with health professionals.[8][9]

In 2015, the country of Finland was reported to be about to perform a similar experiment.[10]

Who cares que les "BS" actuels utilisent cet argent pour la bière.
L'important c'est qu'ils fassent rouler l'économie.

Fini la couche de crasse gouvernementale pour trier qui a droit au BS ou non.

15000$ à tout le monde no matter what.
Handicapé ? tu l'as
BS? Tu l'as
Travaillant et responsable ? Tu l'as
Monoparentale, aux études ? Yu l'as.

Donne l'argent au riche, il va l'investir, l'économiser, le placer dans des paradis fiscaux.

Donne le même argent au pauvre, il va acheter du linge, de la bière, il resterai pu un sous à la fin du mois. 100% de l'argent revient à quelqu'un d'autre qui travaille ; ou en taxe.

Un des rares projets qui rejoignent tant la gauche que la droite.
Le seul partie à le considérer était jusqu'à maintenant QS à ce que je sache.

Ma seule inquiétude : considérant que à peine 40% de la population travaille, peut-on se le payer ?
Pas sûr... !

La loi du Toaster jump-in,... cout de la vie jump 200% pour rien,... retour à la case départ 3 ans plus tard.

La loi du Toaster jump-in,... cout de la vie jump 200% pour rien,... retour à la case départ 3 ans plus tard.

ou pas et on sauve des tonnes en bureaucratie.. quelqu'un l'a mentionné plus tôt mais la prte de job astronomique au gouvernement est probablement LA raison pour laquelle ça arriverait pas.

I like it, but that mean you would need to buy private insurence like in the usa for healtcare, some BS would use it for crotte de fromage and beer then would cry for having to pay 2300$ for a broken toe

If you calculate what you pay in health taxes here and potential equivalent insurance in the US, it's actually cheaper there if you're not a smoker. I had to look into a few years ago, and the price of health insurance in the USA from a private firm will not only compete against other insurances to win you as a customer, but will even give you extra benefits; unlike the- dare I say it- monopolized healthcare here.

If you calculate what you pay in health taxes here and potential equivalent insurance in the US, it's actually cheaper there if you're not a smoker. I had to look into a few years ago, and the price of health insurance in the USA from a private firm will not only compete against other insurances to win you as a customer, but will even give you extra benefits; unlike the- dare I say it- monopolized healthcare here.

I think this is true until one of your family members develop a illness that requires constant care of some kind. Then have fun with the premiums.

I think this is true until one of your family members develop a illness that requires constant care of some kind. Then have fun with the premiums.

Keep in mind, I'm a healthy young adult who doesn't drink or smoke, and only had two major surgeries in my life. Hence, it's "worth it" for myself. Ofcourse, this isn't the case for all.

and only had two major surgeries in my life. Hence, it's "worth it" for myself. Ofcourse, this isn't the case for all.

That's actually alot, if you are under 25 you probably haven't paid it back in income tax yet...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's actually alot, if you are under 25 you probably haven't paid it back in income tax yet...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trust me, I have. The surgeries added up to 14,000$ (10k first, 4k second). I've paid more than that in taxes.

Back